[Migrated to Custom Capabilities] Rooms Manager: Smarter Rooms: Personalized rules based home automation with rooms Occupancy sensing from devices you already have in your home

last one of the day … motion … now going to let my changes marinate overnite … :wink:

3 Likes

guess i fibbed … switch moved to dashboard view … buttons removed … room lux added … presence not showing yet … going to let that one bake overnight … really :wink:

and i have no idea how that sequence of “cards” is getting decided … that’s certainly not the sequence i have in my device presentation configuration.

1 Like

need to stop fibbing … what kind of malarkey is this? :crazy_face:

presence sensor now shows … i am at home so the value it wrong … but hey it shows …

3 Likes

baking overnight was the way to go … presence now present … will have to double check when both of us are not home … given the virus may be a while before that happens …

1 Like

contact sensor added … this one combines doors and/or window contacts from settings.

think these are about all the capabilities i am going to display for the rooms occupancy device … at least for now … if i am missing something that’s must have … within the new app possibilities … LMK.

need to get the manual action working for the occupancy capability :frowning:

that the occupancy card is listed first is pure chance … still see no way of managing card sequencing. and that ST is wasting all this space in full width cards makes no sense to me … at the very least they could support half width cards as well … but what do i know …

2 Likes

update: manual occupancy control is working now from both new and old app. :partying_face:

but given that validating if latest changes have broken anything new can take upto 12 hours to find out … i am going to let this sit overnight and check again.

1 Like

Hi… I am new to smartthings. Had the old app but never really used it and I can´t seem to install Rooms Manager directly into the new app, either manually or via github. On the github route, I don’t have the occupancy DTH showing. Can I get some help?

hello … strange that its not showing up from github … will check that later once i have updated this to work with the new app.

here is the direct link to the DTH … from IDE -> My Device Handlers -> Create new device handler … then paste the code from the below link and save+publish.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/adey/bangali/master/devicetypes/bangali/rooms-occupancy.src/rooms-occupancy.groovy

i mean we have to have the last updated timestamp right? just don’t know how to set the text size yet so it all shows on a single line.

1 Like

Thank you… That was easy. I was trying to add the handler code into the smart apps section. Sorry for that.

1 Like

think there wasn’t a time when i had tried the same? :wink: NBD

1 Like

I am kind of at a point where I want to release a new version with the changes for the new app in a couple of days. it’s not perfect but it mostly seems to be limited by the capability, presentation and available docs for the new app as those stand today.

i wouldn’t recommend everyone upgrading to this new version which also has some older changes … immediately. may be a couple of you guinea pigs … err … brave pioneers that have been on this rooms occupancy journey with me and are familiar with both the ST IDE and this app would please upgrade and provide some feedback? @nathancu? others?

then we unleash it on everyone else :wink:

thank you.

2 Likes

Im in. Pm me the details.

1 Like

this is what it looks like right now … i combined 2 images because the cards don’t fit on a single screen.

waiting on a few things from ST:

1. support for character and font settings on the cards
  2. support for multiple attributes within a capability and presentation for it
  3. support for conditionally hiding cards. like in this room there is no power meter so that card shouldn’t even show but that is not supported yet

there is no current ETA for these features so going to stop here for now and do a private release.

2 Likes

mini rant: why do those lux, temperature and humidity and power meter need those sliders? look at the lux card for example. it has a range of 0 to 100,000 with a value of 202 lux and the marker is at the half way point!?! that’s helpful.

instead of wasting screen real estate they should add an option for half width cards. fit a lot more information on the screen and be viewable at a glance without scrolling. that’s a better UX.

ST are you listening?

1 Like

I’d help test if you like. PM details.

1 Like

This is rhetorical right? :wink:

1 Like

groovy, yaml, json, typescript, migrate :wink:

much appreciate the offers to beta test the new DTH. however over the last few days my wife and i have been testing the old and new app with the new DTH. she has been an uninformed participant. :wink:

just haven’t told her anything about the new app and she has been continuing to use the old app blissfully ignorant but more importantly with zero complaints about “your stupid things all over the house”. no better feedback a married man could get. :grinning:

so … planning a general release to github either tonight or tomorrow am. there’s still a bit of instruction needed to switch from using the old DTH to the new DTH … but think that might be only relevant if you have not yet migrated your location … which i have not yet.

if you save and publish the new code and nothing changes in your new app … PM me here and i will share the additional couple of steps needed.

after others have tried it and confirmed its working for them as well … i will add those steps here as well.

1 Like

trying to login to the IDE is throwing a bad gateway error for me.

did the IDE get deprecated or are others experiencing the same issue or its just me?

thank you.