Midea Edge Testers Wanted

I am starting development on an edge driver for Midea air conditioners, humidifers and dehumidifers. I would like to find people willing to test that have Midea hardware and are familiar with CLI. Let me know if you are interested.

2 Likes

Hi, I have midea ac unit and I can help from time to time.

2 Likes

For anyone interested. I am also looking for users of NetHomePlus, Midea Air, and MSmartHome apps. The devices in this family can be used with any of these apps, and the authentication is different for each. If interested, you can DM me your device info and app of choice. This is a work in progress, and it will be a bit before it is ready for prime time, but it is moving forward.

I have a version running now after understanding their wire protocol. Would have been much simpler with documentation. For v2 devices, it should auto-discover and work for basic on/off. v3 devices require cloud authentication with one of their apps (NetHomePlus/Midea Air/MSmartHome). The resulting token can be used for local control. The tricky part is that the token currently needs to be manually entered and it is very long.

Are you willing to test at this level? Running local scripts, getting the token, entering it manually, etc.

I would be willing to test this for my Midea U Window AC. I am currently using the new MSmartHome app since the old app is slated to expire on 12/31 according to Midea.

1 Like

Great. If you can DM me a screenshot of the controls for that AC unit, it would help me out. I am working from sample data and don’t have a physical unit to see which buttons and features are available. I’ll start an alpha test thread for this group once I’m ready. Should be this week.

I also have several Midea AC units in my home and am happy to help test.

I have 3 Midea AC units and I am interested.

I’ve recently installed a Midea U window ac and am able to test if still needed.

I just got a danby dehumidifier that is basically a midea unit. Would be happy to test :slight_smile:

I have the Midea 12,000 BTU I Shaped Inverter (MAW12V1QWT) and would love to test an edge driver.

Apologies for sidetracking your topic @blueyetisoftware but I am curious…
@Bnicks685 and @abhaxus
How do you like your U-shaped air conditioners, and the Midea Air app? Are they as quiet as advertised? I wanted a quiet window a/c so I bought the Frigidaire Quiet Temp and am fairly happy with it but the app is terrible - frequently disconnecting from the unit, and also difficult to re-pair. The design of those U-shaped air conditioners are impressively innovative. Do either of you have any complaints about your air conditioners, or the app?

I have a Midea Dehumidifier I’d like to see in smartthings and don’t mind helping with the new SmartHome app.

I still haven’t found a way to cleanly get users to install this. I have running code for the Midea Cube, but It had to be setup on the command line, which won’t work for 99% of users.

I’d love to test out the edge drivers for the Midea cube. I can work on the CLI.

Hello, I just got a Midea Cube Dehumidifier and would like to test that out for you. I can work on CLI.

Hi @blueyetisoftware .
I have three Midea DF-20DEN7-WF dehumidifiers and I use the MSmartHome app.
How can I help you?

I have decided not to work on this driver since the setup is too complex. If edge ever allows for one time oauth during setup, I will revive this effort. I had to setup devices by running python scripts and manually copying tokens by hand. It just doesn’t work for a bigger audience.

1 Like

I have a Midea Cube dehumidifier and I’d love to test it also.