Max number of devices in My Devices

Got it down as far as I could. However, I have about 20 devices sitting in the box. :weary:

I’m actually kinda happy about this…as a proud member of the Home Automation Addiction Club, this gives me an out!

1 Like

Anyone know if the 300 device limit is on purpose? I have 350ish devices. Can control all from ST app, can’t add the last 50 to SmartApps. I’ve submitted a ticket, still haven’t heard anything.

It’s the same issue as this:

1 Like

@Brad_ST - any news on of this is going to get fixed? I’m dead in the water with some new automations I’m trying to do.

Hi Eric, No updates at the moment but I added your feedback in support of prioritizing a fix.

2 Likes

I just got my official response back from support also.

…currently there are no workarounds or changes planned to expand this cap.

Wait, what? How does stuff like this even happen?

1 Like

Well, I like my automations to be triggered by motion. I have each of my rooms broken down into zones. So I several motion sensors per room, somewhere in the range of 40 to 50.

I have a ton of contact sensors as well, at least 30. Along with about 70 switches, either hard wired or plug in models.

Then there are the hue bulbs, about 30 of those as well.

Then there is a ton of random stuff and virtual switches and stuff putting up over the 200 mark.

3 Likes

I am past the 250 mark of “actual” devices. The rest is a mixture of “needed” Virtual Switches and “ooh this would be cool” VS.

The sad thing is, I am no where near complete…

But just like you, I have “Zones” which are really independent from one another outside of the “Modes” that’s globally implemented in ST.

So, given the limitation of 300 devices, I think that it’s a “reasonable” number. If needing more, I can easily add another hub to service the “Zones” and have it/them follow the “Modes” that are embedded in ST.

System is stable now and I am enjoying my “SmartHome”. :+1:t5:

2 Likes

Unfortunately for me, I have more unopened devices ready for install than most people have installed. If I had to guess… 60 or 70.

1 Like

Oh, I’m right there with you… got a ton of them.

Question about multiple hubs. Anything I should worry about related to signal as it will be the same house? I know you don’t have a second one yet, just wondering if you have done any research. Also, safe to assume webCoRE handles multiple locations just fine?

I have a Hubitat running together with Smartthings and never experienced any issues (that I know about). I have been moving more and more devices over to Hubitat but still mirroring those devices in ST as Virtual Devices.

WebCore handles multiple locations just fine and you easily switch between instances.