I got this response from Lutron today…
We just wanted to update you that our engineering team has gotten back to us and let us know they have actively been working on this issue. To give you more insight, we just released an outdoor plug that currently has no support but will very soon. The reason I bring this up is because when that update rolls out for the integration of that device, the fan should also follow shortly after that. We do know that there will be some testing as well to make sure it’s working properly. If you are able to wait about a month longer, we should hopefully see that rollout complete.
We understand if you are tired or frustrated about waiting and no longer want to use our switches. We do take the feedback we get and always forward that information to engineering so that we can keep up with newer integrations which we normally do. In this case it has taken some time but again just wanted to give you that update.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to respond to this email. For immediate assistance, please contact our 24/7 Technical Support Team @ 1-888-Lutron1 (588-7661) and refer to the case number in the subject line of this email.