Looking for advice regarding smart door locks and proximity sensors

(James) #1

Amazon has the Schlage connect deadbolt 469 on sale for 150. I’d like to get that and use my phone connecting to my WIFI or leaving my WIFI as a proximity lock/unlock feature. I’m looking for advice from other users as I couldn’t find anything valid using the search feature.

(Jimmy) #2

iphone or android?

(James) #3

Oh ya, Android. I use Rule Machine too btw.

(Jimmy) #4

(James) #5

That looks like good app to do what I’m wanting it to, Do you per chance, use this with a Schlage lock?
I really don’t want to use GPS as it devours my battery. Actually, I won’t use it.

(Jimmy) #6

I only have an iphone, so unfortunately I have never used it. I believe several people do, though.

(Tolik) #7

I use sharptools on my android but what your are thinking of doing would require tasker plug-in. It should work as you envision it though.

I have a Schlegel lock. I’ll try to set this up tomorrow.

(George) #8

Yale YRD120 Keyless $186. No, Really. In this case, Keyless MEANS Keyless! And, they look good.

We have to help our brothers who are still buying keyed sets. I am afraid of the ridicule they’ll get.

http://store.homeseer.com/store/Yale-YRD120-ZW-619-Key-Free-Satin-Nickel-Z-Wave-Touchscreen-Door-Lock-P2025.aspx?gclid=CjwKEAjw0KK4BRDCiKHD5Ny8pHESJACLE620XLNcFUiKUsUmVeUzPyu-9vRObTkOpkbauj4w2tlDIxoC5nnw_wcB

And, yes, I use Sharptools and Tasker for voice control, but connect to which WiFi may be a problem.