Local executions new indicator (BETA Firmware)

Thats a great tip… I will do that to do not depend of internet connection to keep alarm prepared to trigger the siren…

1 Like

I don’t believe any of these have seen the light of day yet have they (not sure about #4)?

I finally started converting my SmartLighting to Routines. It’s very disappointing that after all this time there’s still a bunch that I can’t convert (or I have to replace with multiple routines).

If I understand them right, #1 and #4 are solved. You can now set “no motion for X minutes” or “door stays open X minutes” conditions. And just about any condition can be set as a precondition now.

Thanks. Yeah, I realized the preconditions are there.

For #1 I think I misunderstood and yes, looks like Routines covers that now.

#2 and #5 are a real pain.

1 Like

For me No’s. 1&3 would take first place(s), I see potential if groups were available to routines (rather than scenes) but mirror is something I use a lot in conjunction with conditionals such as lux & movement…

The ability to perform an action across many things (lights/sockets off for ex.) outside of scenes and multiple target routines is invaluable, again something actionable groups would help address but all useless if routines/scenes remain limited to 200 - which I hit a while ago and use Smart Lighting to help mitigate…

1 Like

Actually, I did not misunderstand. Your comment here:

This is what I thought it was doing which is not what I want. I want to be able to specify n minutes after motion has stopped. However, I’ve been testing this and I’m not convinced what you describe is actually happening. More to come.

UPDATE: Okay, so it looks like new activations of a motion sensor does basically trigger the automation again effectively restarting the auto-off timer. But I do think the timer is from the start of the trigger, not when motion stops for eg. That’s where I was getting mixed up.

Yeah there’s two types of “delays”.

The IF condition is a remains statement that resets every time the condition is broken before the time is up

The THEN action is a wait statement that starts as soon as the IF side valuates true and AFAIK it is not canceled if the IF side changes from true to false.

2 Likes

My only complaint with this is that it still can do a delay for two things (two motion sensors, no motion, for 5 minutes), and if you do a delay, it’s no longer a local routine. Both were possible in SmartLighting. I’ve migrated, but I’ve had to do virtual switches as a workaround…

Not sure what you mean by this? I can do multiple remains statements together

Hmmm….

Edit: I think my issue is that if both sensors aren’t triggered with motion, the light doesn’t turn off because the second remain statement is never triggered. That’s why it hasn’t worked for me.

1 Like