Livolo zigbee switch

Hi. I’ve searched but i couldnt find yet any info on this ones…
Does anyone know or tried to use the new Livolo zigbee switchs with smarthings? The have a gateway as far as i could tell. Could it be possible to just add them to ST??
Probably they need a DH right?

Wrong frequency. They will not work with SmartThings Unless you add an additional server device, and that’s a lot of work.

SmartThings works directly with Z wave devices, zigbee devices using the “Zigbee home automation” profile, some other devices like LIFX and Lutron where the two companies have created an official integration. It can also work indirectly with devices which have an IFTTT channel or a cloud with an open API. See the following:

They have those mentioned the with with RF 433mhz. But now they have a zigbeee ones… Unless you were telling they use zigbee different frequency. Sorry, I’m a little noob :wink:

I know some devices can connect directly to ST. Wondering if someone tried this ones with zigbee

Thanks, I didn’t realize they also made a zigbee model. Based on reports in other forums, though, it is using a proprietary profile and probably will not work with SmartThings. People are reporting that it only works with its own gateway.

Thanks for that info. Very helpful

1 Like

Hi all,
I see there is some progress in https://github.com/Koenkk/zigbee2mqtt/issues/592 .
I was wondering if the information there is useful in making samsung smartthings hub work with the Livolo zigbee switch. I am new to these kind of things but I see there are a lot of knowledgeable people here. I hope someone can play around with this.
I already have the samsung hub and I would really appreciate it if I don’t have to buy a zigbee stick just
use it with zigbee2mqttt and livolo switches.
Thanks for your help and knowledge sharing!

Hi,

Livolo Zigbee switch is flag as supported_devices in zigbee : https://www.zigbee2mqtt.io/information/supported_devices.html

Device information : https://www.zigbee2mqtt.io/devices/TI0001.html
More information : https://github.com/Koenkk/zigbee2mqtt/issues/592

Do you think we can use them via the SmarThings box ? if yes, how ?

You need to read the posts at the link you provided more carefully.

First, it says it is a “work in progress” meaning it’s working a little bit for some people, but not for everyone and there are many issues.

Then if you follow the “work in progress” link, you will come to the following page where people are discussing it.

(And remember that all of this is in the context of getting it to work with MQTT, not getting it to work with SmartThings.)

So when we get to the discussion page, we find the following issues.

1. This switch seems to work on channel 26 only.

Since you cannot change the zigbee channel that your smartthings hub operates on, It’s unlikely that you will be able to use the switch at all.

But if you can get a smartthings hub on zigbee channel 26, there are still multiple additional issues.

1. there are four different models of the switch, and they have different behavior. So the exact model that you get is going to make a big difference.

2. most importantly, this device is not using the same zigbee profile that smartthings uses. That is allowed under the zigbee standard: manufacturers can have a proprietary profile if they want, which is what the Livolo switch appears to use. That means it is likely to only work well with its own gateway.

A major issue, which you can tell from reading the comments, is that while the zigbee profile that smartthings and most Home automation hubs use, “Zigbee home automation (ZHA 1.2)”, expects a zigbee device to do a “re-join” after it is powered off and then powered on again, the livolo device attempts to do a “join.“ That messes everything up in terms of working with SmartThings. :disappointed_relieved:

So I do not think you are going to be able to get this particular switch to work with SmartThings.

Here is the community FAQ on zigbee profiles and why they matter. (The topic title is a clickable link)

We are seeing more and more inexpensive zigbee devices come on the market because of the popularity of the Amazon echo plus. Look for ones which use the Zigbee “ZHA 1.2” profile or the “zigbee 3.0” profile and which also work with the Amazon echo plus, and you will have a much better chance of getting them to work with SmartThings. :sunglasses:

Have you seen this new one:

Is this one compatible with SmartThings?

Sadly No : Livolo use no standard zigbee protocol …