Link to Multiple Alexa Accounts?

Hi all,

In my house we have a multiple echos. The echo show in the kitchen in linked to my wife’s Amazon account and I have one in my office linked to my Amazon account. One of the main reasons we do this is we can have separate Spotify accounts linked so we can each listen to something different at the same time.

So I’ve enabled the SmartThings skill in Alexa on both accounts, but it seems like which ever I link last is the one that works. The other will show “server unresponsive” in the Alexa app. Is this expected behavior? Is there a different way to accomplish this so we can both have voice control of our home automation from our separate Alexa accounts?

You linked the same SmartThings account to both Alexa accounts didn’t you?

Each of you needs your own SmartThings account (create one for her and invite it to join the location.). Then use her account to link to her Alexa instance and yours to link to yours.

1 Like

HI All, I’ve been reading these threads for a couple hours now and it still isn’t quite clear to me.

Here’s my setup. I’ve got 2 Hubs in 2 Locations, and 2 different Alexa accounts. I can create multiple ST accounts, and happy to do so. I’d like to link Location A with Alexa Account 1, and Location B with Alexa Account 2. Is this possible?

Thanks,

• Zack

Are both locations owned by the same ST owner?
Are Both Alexa accounts part of the same Alexa ‘family’?

Hi,

Both Hubs are on my account. If theres a better way to do this, im open. Ideally id like to see both locations under my account.

Zach_G, did you find a resolution for this? I have the same configuration.

You can only have a single active Alexa account per ST account. If you link more than one, one will be active and the other will get disabled.

You can have both locations on the same account, but to use a second Alexa account, you need to create a separate ST account and invite it to be a member of one (or both) location.

We use Alexa for presence for two separate locations. Both locations are on the same primary ST account and the second ST account is a member of both locations. Each ST account is linked to a separate Alexa account to provide geo-location for each individual.