Light switch plus Ceiling fan

Im pretty new to Smartthings but I want to start getting my home automated. I was curious if it is possible to control a ceiling fan and a light switch separately from a single switch. I see a few GE wave compatible rocker switches on the smart things store. However, it appears if you turn the light off, the ceiling fan turns off as well. Is there a switch out there that will allow me to turn the light off while keeping the ceiling fan off or vice versa?

Chris,

Continuing the discussion from Control 3-speed Ceiling Fan and Light Kit:

Unfortunately there isn’t a combo unit to do that today. I ended up using two devices. The GE 12730 Z-Wave Smart Fan Control for the fan speeds. And a second device, Aeon Labs AEDSC19103ZWUS Micro Smart Energy Illuminator G2 for the lights. You can replace your wall switch with the GE and then mount the Aeon up in the canopy. I acutally mounted both devices up in my canopy because I didn’t have an existing wall switch on my fan since it was being controlled only through two pull chains on the fan itself. I got the Energy version of the light dimmer as a way for positive feedback that the lights are on and at what dimmer level. You could instead just get the Aeon Labs Aeotec DSC27103-ZWUS Z-Wave Micro Illuminator In-Wall Light Dimmer without energy monitoring to save some money. Or you could instead mount the Fan Speed up in the canopy and use a smart light dimmer on the wall if you prefer having manual control of the light over the fan on your wall location.