Lifx bulbs wonky today (9-17-16)

I have been having issues yesterday and today. Everything works. It just isn’t reliable. I have a lot of LIFX bulbs, 35 of them. I am not sure if we are having the same issue. I recently added 10 bringing me to 35. I suspected a network issue which I’ve been tweaking all morning.

Network Setup
2 x Ubiquiti UAP-AC-PRO
1 x Ubiquiti UAP-AC-LITE
1 x Ubiquiti UAP-AC-LR (long range) for my back yard

The network can handle a lot of devices. All LIFX bulbs are connected to the 2 UAP-AC-PROs.

I have been messing with power, min RSSI, location, disabling and AP.

@JDRoberts, no I haven’t messed with my channel yet per our zigbee conversation.

My actual symptoms are…

I will turn on a group of lights and 85% of the time all the lights will turn on, same with off. But 15% of the time just some will do what they should.

If I control the lights individually, 1 by 1 it works 100%. Not sure if there is an issue on the LIFX side of things. Their stats page claims there is not.

I should also mention that sometimes I’ll turn on 10 lights, 8 will turn on immediately, then the last 2 will come on a second or two later.

I am using my Group of Groups DH which makes a singletter API call to LIFX for a group or set of Groups versus calling commands for each light 1 by 1.

1 Like