Leviton zwave 3-way / SmartThings App Switch Status

Hi folks, I have the 3-way working with DZ15S and DD0SR-DLZ, however I am using SmartThings Hub and app and what I notice is that when I physically turn on and off the switch using the master (DZ15S) the app immediately reflects the on or off status (icon updates in the app). However, when I physically turn on or off the remote switch (DDOSR-DLZ) the app and icon does not reflect the status, if I wait for 5 minutes or so the app eventually does update the status to reflect the physical status of the switches. Just a note that the LED status on both switches do always match. It seems the app and the devices become out of synch for a period of timing when using the remote. Any thoughts ? I just bought a couple of the GE switches to try same as GE has a specific ADD-ON switch. It’s a little unclear which the equivalent “add-on” switch is for Leviton but it seems I bought the right stuff.

Hi Terry, Just finished the similar installation and I have the same error (or missing status update) you describe. Were you able to find a solution?
Thanks
B

Yes, I hate to post this here but I bought a Wink hub and it works perfectly. I just could not make it work with ST, I think it has to do with the device “check interval” in ST, ST seems to poll every 32 minutes or so and then it picks up the new status, Wink must poll more frequently and typically within a couple seconds the staus is updated within Wink hub. I bought a couple GE zwave switches to see if it works any differently but have not installed them yet. With Lutron switches you would not have these issues as they use a PICO remote, interestingly Wink now has Lutron support as well. I really like ST and the debugging capability but it just works with Wink hub.

I doubt this helps, but I just called Levition support and this is a known issue (I have the exact same configuration that you do other than I have a 3-way and 4-way matching setup).

The gentleman I talked to immediately knew this was an issue and said that there is a firmware upgrade that is in the works to correct this. Not to be pessimistic, but I have no idea how high this is on their list to fix this issue. I also questioned how the switch would get the firmware upgrade in the first place. He stated that it would be some coordination with ST. I almost believe them seeing that the switch has the following command classes:

Z-WAVE PLUS INFO
ASSOCIATION
ASSOCIATION GRP INFO
VERSION
MANUFACTURER SPECIFIC
CONFIGURATION
DEVICE RESET LOCALLY
POWERLEVEL
COMMAND CLASS SWITCH BINARY
BASIC
SWITCH ALL
SCENE ACTUATOR CONF
SCENE ACTIVATION
FIRMWARE UPDATE MD V2
HAIL

Again, I do not have a lot of faith that this is a high priority on Leviton or ST side.

1 Like

I have the same problem. Guess there’s no fix yet.

No. They gave me the run around that they were aware of the issue and they would be issuing an OTA firmware update.

I have been removing them one by one.

They should not be allowed to be ST compatible in my opinion. Or at least state that they will not update the ST hub in a 3-way configuration.

How I have been getting around this, “feature,” is to run a webCoRE piston to poll the switches every 30 seconds. Not ideal, but the best I could work around it.

any update on this?
Currently have 30 Leviton DZ6HD installed in my house and it’s awful.

I’m hoping the OTA Firmware update could help fix the issues, but how do I get the firmware update?