Leviton Outdoor plug with Matter (D2150)

Expensive, and I’m not sure it’s worth it, but it is a IP 65 weatherproof outdoor smart plug that uses matter over WiFi.

It will run locally with SmartThings, but, like all matter devices, it does require that you have a SmartThings hub/dongle that supports matter.

Only a single outlet and it lists at about $55, so when I say expensive, I mean really expensive compared to the non-matter competition.

Home Depot has it in stock, everybody else has it as “coming soon“ at the time of this posting.

If you haven’t already added any matter devices to your account, here’s the checklist for what you need

FAQ: What do I need to add a Matter device to the SmartThings app? Do I need a bridge router device?

Leviton does offer a nice battery powered accessory switch (DAWSC) and you can pair up to three of them with the smart plug. I don’t think you’ll see the accessory switches in SmartThings, but you don’t need them: you’ll turn the plug itself on and off. But the accessory switches make a nice manual control. They show pictures of them outdoors, but I don’t know how weatherproof they are, and they are battery powered devices, so don’t expect them to work well below 40°F but it is a nice way to control the switch, and at $28, it’s a decent price for this type of product. (It’s running about $40 through third parties on Amazon, so shop around if Amazon itself is out of stock.)

Do not get the dimmer version (DAWDC) to control the smart plug – – only get the switch version.

https://www.amazon.com/Leviton-DAWSC-2RW-Anywhere-Companion-Wire-Free/dp/B08RRV32QL?th=1

IMG_7911

True, with smartthings you can use any battery powered device you want to control the smart plug through an automation, but this is just a nice accessory for the purpose. :sunglasses:

2 Likes