Latest QN90A doesnt support Pause by voice with Alexa?

Hey guys, i just bought the latest Samsung QN90A 75" and added my SmartThings account. I have a SmartThings hub also with +100 devices.

I can turn the TV off and on using Alexa, change the volume, my Ring cameras pop up a thumbnail and everything seems to work.

BUT… simply trying to Pause or Play results in “Sorry, Bedroom TV doesn’t support that”. Is this true? My old 2019 QN90A 65" did and it worked fine.

Note, i am not using Alexa built in to the TV i’m using an Alexa Show 10"

Thanks for any help.

Tagging @SamsungZell

Hey there! @LowRange,

When the Voice Assistant isn’t working as expected, these steps may help resolve the problem.

Additionally, this community topic may assist your further with the commands available: List of Samsung TV Voice Commands (Bixby, Alexa, G... - Samsung Members

Note: This function may not be supported depending on the model, Voice Assistant, or geographical area.

You may need to enable the Alexa Built-in to gain the Pause/Play features for your specific model.

I hope this message finds you well!

^SamsungZell

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I dont want to use the remote, i want to use the Alexa show 10 that’s in the room. It worked on my old 2019 QN90A 65" and i upgraded to a 2021 QN90A 75" and i seem to have gone backwards because only basic commands like turning the TV off and on work.

Does the 2021 QN90A not support play and pause using a separate Alexa device?

Hey there! @LowRange, I’m sorry to hear that you are still having trouble accessing the feature.

However, I’m unable to test your specific model and its Alexa capabilities.

I would instead recommend reaching out to the Alexa Customer Support team for questions on available commands, Additionally creating a Support ticket so we can look into your concerns further. You can reach out directly to a support team in your area using the below information:

Alexa Customer Support: Alexa Devices Help - Amazon Customer Service

US: 1-866-813-2404
US: support@smartthings.com

Note: This function may not be supported depending on the model, Voice Assistant, or geographical area.

I hope this message finds you well!

^SamsungZell