I have read alot of topics on the issues concerning the inability via Alexa to Turn on Later Generation Samsung Smart TV’s . Clearly with Samsung as large as it is with different business units, I can see the frustration of orchestration between consumer product units and the smartthings IOT unit. With that said, I would like to post the following issue to help narrow down this artery and try and make some progress.
- I have tried all the magic approaches to try and remedy this situation
- In simplest terms, it appears that there is a command API flow broken between SmartThings and Samsung TV (Tizen OS) integration model.
Here is the Breakdown of steps and the ST output of the steps
- SmartThings Hub Software activated on Q60 Series 55 inch TV with same account as my smartThings hub
- Remote Mobile App and IP Remote are enabled in expert settings on the TV
- TV recognized and loaded in the ST APP
- Smart Skill Enabled in Alexa
- saying “Alexa, turn off the Left TV” the action executes without any issue
- saying “Alexa, turn on the Left TV” the action fails. the Logs provide this:
** 61c67b75-de95-4e4f-9dea-f833212df72b 12:04:02 PM: debug onOffCommand Right TV: TV does not support on by OCF
** 61c67b75-de95-4e4f-9dea-f833212df72b 12:04:02 PM: debug doesTvSupportOnByOcf Right TV: false
** 61c67b75-de95-4e4f-9dea-f833212df72b 12:04:02 PM: debug doesTvSupportVoice Right TV: true
** 61c67b75-de95-4e4f-9dea-f833212df72b 12:04:02 PM: debug Turn on Right TV
**61c67b75-de95-4e4f-9dea-f833212df72b 12:04:02 PM: debug handlePostV3
This is clearly an issue in how WOL (wake on LAN) and the AIP workflow are working between 2 samsung entities (IS Consumer Products DIV on TIZEN OS and Smartthings)
Development group, can we please make hay around this please. It seems like a simple issue that can be addressed.