Kwikset SmartCode 916 used/new from $92.74 (Deadbolt with Z-Wave)

Update: looks like now the price is $104 for “used very good” condition (the lower quality ones have been sold).

I did a search and didn’t see this posted yet-

This looks like a pretty good price if you don’t mind a used lock for other entrances and don’t mind taking a chance on getting a scratched item. The new price according to camel camel camel is usually $180-220 so $93 seems pretty good, or for a few bucks more there’s some in better condition.

The only time the used price was lower was back in June when it was $73 for a day or two.

Kwikset SmartCode 916 Touchscreen Electronic Deadbolt with Z-Wave

(Here’s the forum post about this lock.)

(Realy Living Dream) #2

With as many as they have I really doubt these are " used" . Being AWD it is far more likely a damaged outside packing case.

Cool, I haven’t bought a lot of AWD items, good to know!

Hmm, tempted to replace my monoprice one.

(Chandler Newby) #5

@eibyer How is the monoprice lock? I’ve considered getting it.

It works for my back porch door application but over the summer a couple of the buttons fell out! Monoprice warrantied the item and sent me a new one but you have to send them the failed lock first… yeah, good thing I kept the old manual deadbolt. Also, it doesn’t report code use if you use one of those lock manager apps.

(Chandler Newby) #7

Hm. Well I’ll probably end up ponying up the money and getting a Schlage. They’re more secure. Still only secure as a consumer deadbolt, but probably better than the monoprice one.
It’s just so cheap though… Ah, decisions.

Get one of the above, probably worth the extra $ for less aggravation in the long run. I forgot to add that the AZ summer wreaks havoc on most items installed outside :slight_smile: