Kwikset 912 Lever Lock: Can’t Add Codes with Stock Edge Driver

I did try philh30’s as well and it behaved the same way

In the IDE I can see both details and status because the default pairing is still installing device handler.

I have one Kwikset deadbolt, that works perfect ( also using default device handler)
and two of these 912 lever locks, both not working properly.

I did removed all and reinstalled them but still no joy.
Yes, Philh30’s Edge Drivers were installed properly, seen the driver option in the menu and it showed as placeholder in the IDE.

I wonder if you having some locks on Old/IDE and some on new/Edge might be causing the problem?

We were having a similar problem with some Schlage Deadbolt locks at three different Locations/Hubs.

When we tried to add a new one, or when we removed/reinstalled an old one, they defaulted to the old/IDE handlers.

Here’s how we resolved it:

• We removed ALL of our locks from the Z-Wave Network properly;
  • Went into Groovy/IDE and assured they were gone;
  • In Groovy/IDE, made sure to delete any Custom IDE’s IN ALL LOCATIONS & HUBS;
  • Then assured we were signed up for Philh30’s channel;
  • Installed his Z-Wave Lock Driver;
  • Then installed each lock one/by/one; assuring each one picked up his Edge Driver

He also has a newer beta version of the Z-Wave lock driver that corrects some bugs in the stock driver code that his driver is based on. Those bugs affect the reporting of lock code names on unlock events as well as the periodic resetting of lock code names to defaults of ‘Code X’. The beta driver is in the same channel as the original lock driver.

1 Like

No, all using the same device handler.

Funny, our Schlage deadbolts on the edge driver working perfect.

Tried both, 1.0 and the Beta, no difference in my case :frowning:

I would suggest using the ST CLI to do logging and see what is happening with that device. Download the executable for your desired platform and use the command “smartthings edge:drivers:logcat --hub-address=x.x.x.x” and select the driver you want to see logging for.

1 Like

Hmmm… So that’s why I’m wondering what would happen if you ripped out all of the old/IDE Device Handlers and got all of your Kwiksets onto Edge Drivers.

1 Like

I did that, no custom handlers installed.

I know Bruce, we did discussed this in the past, problem is I would have to get laptop to the location to do the logging. It will take some time :frowning:

I’m also having the code issue on the stock Zigbee drive for my Kwikset 912’s and 910’s. Entered in me, my wife and son into all 4 locks and it works for about an hour and then changes them to code1, code2 and code3 and then constantly keeps sending messages about updating all 3 codes and creates duplicates in all 4 locks. Did you find a work around for this?

Z-Wave locks overcame this issue because there is a community developed driver and the author fixed the bug that was causing it. There is a Zigbee driver from @Mariano_Colmenarejo Zigbee Lock Mc Edge that can be installed from his Edge Driver Mc Channel which may not have the problem. I suspect the driver supports your locks, but it not, you can ask him to add the fingerprints for them. If the problem also exists in his driver, you’ll need to follow up with him.

Thanks, yes I’m using his driver and the issues still exists, let me ask him and see if he can change the driver the way Philh30 did for Zwave. All of these locks were Zwave at one time but I swapped out the radio’s for Zigbee because I just couldnt get the Zwave ones to work and had 3 smart plugs right next to them

1 Like

Update …and yes, you will think that I’m crazy … :sweat_smile:

Just for good measure and for testing purposes I purchased another 912 lock and it works perfect!
There must be some kind of HW revision that it works compare to the other 2 units I have.
Even swapping the Z Wave module did not fix the old locks so must be different main board in the lock it self.
Pretty unfortunate that they fixed all the previously reported problems in silence.