KUDLED - UK 1/2/3 Gang Switch

pls pair the lumi switch and paste a screenshot of the device showing the raw description.

Need to see what endpoint ID is it using…

lumi seems to be the OEM brand for xiaomi zigbee sensors… hmmmm…

Thank for your reply @simic.
Here is screenshot

I just used this handler then it worked OK like a multi chanel device. But I don’t know how to separate it to 3 independent switches. What should I do?
Thanks!

Smartthings cannot deal with more than one endpoint within a device handler.

You need to create virtual switches for switch 2 and 3. and then use a binder app like the one above to tie any changes at switch 2 and 3 to the virtual switches.

Then whatever actions or rules, you call to the virtual switch 2 and 3.

Its troublesome, but thats how it is. and it works great for the 3x multi endpoint wall switches I’m using now.

edit: I notice you are using a smartapp call multi-device sync. it should perform a similar function.

But the key is you need to “Create” virtual switches to bind the endpoint/switch 2 and 3 to it.

Dear @simic
Here is Lumi 3 gangs handler:

When I use smartapp KUDLED wall switch binder 1.1 to bind virtual switch it worked from smartthings app in my phone. But when I touch on the physical switch to turn on/off, the status of virtual switch not updated.
I have zero knowledge about code. Could you please check above handler for me?

Hey Teohwk,

I have the same question as shyterence below.

do you mind sharing how you were able to link up your Smartthings hub and Ulti Zigbee devices?

Thank you.

I gave up on ulti Zigbee as I couldn’t get the 2nd switch to work. Requires a dedicated DTH to handle multi endpoints, which I am not capable of writing. But if you are interested in pairing only, I have posted the procedure from memory a few post up…

Cheers.

Hey Cedric,

I am in Hong Kong too, and have my whole house set up with ULTI.
Was the set up with ST hub simple? Or did you have to do some coding/rewiring?

I also have U30IPGWZB.

Thanks

Hey Andy,

Are you in Hong Kong as well?
Have you been able to set up ULTI with ST?
My end goal is to get ULTI working with Alexa.

Thanks

The ULTI switches work fine with ST, with one caveat.
I started with single gang and two-gang switches.
The single gang switches work fine. Pairs with ST. Change the type to Zigbee switch in IDE and there you go.
The two gang switches do not work perfectly and have been causing more problems recently. First you can only control one channel (the bottom one). This I understand is due to the end point design. I am not a programmer so I don’t know how to sort this out. Could be the DTH or could be the physical switch or a ST functionality issue. But recently I have not been able to control this at all. If both channels are off and I try to turn one on, it will “click” on and immediately “click” off again - whether I am using the ST app or the Alexa voice command or physically pressing the switch. So essentially the switch is usless. The only way round is pressing both buttons on the physical switch. So either both on and both off. I don’t know if it is the software that is causing the problem. ie top channel is off and i try to turn on the bottom one but it will revert back to the off state.

Recently I added a single channel double pole switch to control a towel heater (the one with a red light). That works fine too with ST and Alexa.

Thanks for the information Cedric.
My house has a mix of single, double and even 4 gang switches.
So I guess the switches with single gang should pair fine with ST.

When you say “Change the type to Zigbee switch in IDE and there you go.” I
am assuming you are referring to changing a setting on the ST hub interface?

When you first discover the switch in the app, it will show up as a “Thing”. Go to the web interface (use a desktop) and go to http://graph.api.smartthings.com/ and change the device type to Zigbee Switch.

I am not aware of a 4-gang ZB switch from ULTI. They have the old mechanical 4 gang switches (I have those too).

Cheers.

Thanks Cedric. Are you in Hong Kong?
Do you know if Fortress sells the ST Hub?

Also, I have all the switches in my house connected to U30IPGWZB. It is a
ULTI Zigbee hub. Do you know about this hub and how it could sync to ST?

Thanks

Yes I am in Hong Kong.

for mult-endpoint devices, u need a custom device handler

as well as a accompanying smartapp to deal with the multi endpoints exposed by the handler.

hence u see my kudled and atsmart comes with DTH + smartapp pair.

without an actual device on hand, it is hard for me to code and debug.

Andy, have you tried these switches with an Echo?

Does the Echo handle the the multi endpoints or only see the switch as a single Zigbee switch?

Andy

I picked a 3 gang switch (US shape) from here. Feibit You can get the 3rd gang working using the Zigbee Switch Template.

It comes up with an endpointId of 12. If I change the fingerprint profileId in your KUDLED Device Handler I can get it working on all switches but with errors - such as switch one makes all gangs come on.

I’m only a raw novice at this, where else in the Device Handler Code do I need to change the End Point ID to improve this functionality?

All help appreciated.

kudled uses 12, 11 and 10 endpoint id for switches one, two and three respectively.

u need to figure out what are the endpoints used for each endpint in your feibit switch and change accordngly.

12 could be the master for ALL on/off.

you could try 13 or 11, see which switch is affected.

Andy

Thanks. That helped a lot.

Edit: A few more mods and it now seems all ok. Seems to be working after I updated the app in the phone. Thanks for your help :o)

Any suggestions on how to get an Echo to see the actual 3 gangs in the switch to turn them individually on and off? I think the Echo only sees it as an single switch.

u need to combine the custom dh with the companion smartapp listed above.

essentially, u need to define 2 more virtual switches. and use the custom smartapp to bind the virtual switch to the 2nd and 3rd endpoint of your DH.

In this way, echo will have 3 switches that it can call directly.

I think I did that. I even added your smartapp and DH into my dashboard to see what they look like in the phone app. They basically seem to look the same.

When you go to the “Automation” tab and “Add a SmartApp” - what do you see in “Select a Virtual Switch to bind to Outlet 2” etc. I just get a choice of the current ‘Things’ I have available in the “My Home” tab. Meaning I can select the switch that I have paired with for each choice.

Out of interest what do you say to turn on individual switches with the Echo/Alexa for your KULLED SmartApp?