I’m looking for a way to have bathroom lights turn off after a minute if the the bathroom door is left open (opposite of what is currently available). My kids tend to leave the bathroom and not turn off the lights. I would like to achieve this solely with an Aeon door sensor that can sense if the door is open or closed because a motion sensor is not feasible in this bathroom. So here are the parameters:
- Door is always open when bathroom is not in use.
- Kids can turn lights on and off manually via the wall switches
- The night light and main light are hooked up to z-wave wall switches
- My little ones don’t shut the door when using the facilities so I want them to learn to shut the door by turning the lights off on them if they leave the door open while using the facilities.
- The lights will always be turned on manually
Here are my goals:
- If the door is open and they turn on the lights, they will go out after a minute.
- If the door is shut and they turn on the lights, the lights will stay on. I don’t want the lights to turn on automatically as they can turn them on manually.
Seems pretty simple but I haven’t found a way to do it with just the door sensor. Hopefully the community can give me a hand.