Keen Vent New Smartthings App

(Andy) #1

Has anyone been able to figure out how to discover a Keen smart vent with the new Smarttthings application?

I can find and install it in the Classic app but no luck with the new one.

Before you say just use classic, realize I am using the Samsung Home Connect Pro which only allows you to control your wifi hub settings with the new app.

(Bob Kerr) #2

Not possible…

(Andy) #3

Before you say just use classic, realize I am using the Samsung Home Connect Pro which only allows you to control your wifi hub settings with the new app.

(Bob Kerr) #4

For the price of a vent you can buy a real SmartThings hub so you can integrate your vents, today. Available at Best Buy for 86 bucks.

(IG) #5

I have connect Home Pro and have no problem to use classic app

(Andy) #6

Hi IG,

Does the classic app find and install the WiFi router? If so are you able to go in to the router and WiFi settings in the new app afterwards?

(Andy) #7

I’m pretty sure the home connect pro is a real SmartThings hub…

(IG) #8

No, you doing initial installation on new app and than going to classic…

(Andy) #9

Yes but once I go to the classic app it finds a device named the same as the WiFi router and adds it. I can’t canel, it adds it automatically. Once it’s added to the classic app if I go back to the new app I can no longer connect to the router nor modify WiFi settings.

(Jimmy) #10

What issue are you running into? My keen vent shows in the new app just fine. You can pick any device to add to get it in pairing mode and then put the Keen in pairing mode and it should find it.

(Andy) #11

Hi Jimmy,

I tried multiple devices, switches, dimmers, etc.

With the hub in search mode and the vent in pair mode It never finds it.

Do you remember what device you selected?

(Jimmy) #12

Well, I added mine in classic. Have you tried resetting the vent and bringing it within 10 ft of the hub? I do remember having to reset mine.

(Andy) #13

I can add I in classic no problem. The problem is if I add anything in classic it finds the WiFi router and adds it… after that I can’t connect to it in the new app.

Can’t add the Keen vent in the new app no matter what I try.

Thanks for the info