KEEN home Smart Vents (Hardware; not Apps)

@yvesracine

Sorry, but I still don’t get your point.

This thread IS mainly for the hardware, and NOT SmartApps.
What are you talking about?

Your question above was against your own principle…That’s my point. Now, as I responded to you, we have already discussed the disconnect issues in other popular threads, and posted solutions.

Good luck with your Keen Home Vents!

I’m not sure why you get off on meaningless arguments, but please give me (give us all) a break.

This thread is obviously, mainly supposed to be about the hardware and device handlers, and NOT SmartApps.

IF it turns out that a SmartApp of some kind will help solve a hardware-related problem that comes up in this thread, the by all means, post a link to it. If not, and you just want to crap on other people’s threads, then please don’t.

Thanks.

Back to your regularly scheduled thread topic…

Didn’t I just post a potential solution to your HW disconnect issues?

This solution has been used by many Keen Home users successfully, so try to keep up to date by reading other Keen Home threads, you may learn something in the process…

And keep it civil please!!

Me keep it civil?
Are you kidding me?

Do you ever pay attention to people’s reactions to how you treat others around here?

Why keep this up when you’re the one that came in here posting craziness?

p.s. thanks for the support ive received via PMs

So I’ve had 2 of these for slightly less than a year and have just purchased 9 more. Most are already installed.

At a specific Lowes store…

$59.99 - $15 (coupon) - %5 (my Lowes) + 6% tax - 2.5% (ebates) = $44.17 each.

Anyways. I have one that gets gently (very) rubbed by a door skirt (the door going to our garage). So it was getting dirty and ugly.

I decided to paint it and see if that worked. I’m still giving this thing another day (2 full days) to dry before I test it, but this is what it looks like.

Next to an unpainted cover.

By itself. The pits / bubbles are part of the desired effect (based on the paint I used)

Close up.