Issues with sliders after recent changes Android 1.7.2

OK, thanks, do you know if the correct team is aware of this issue ?

I’ve filed a bug for both issues with our Android development team, so the right people should be looking at this soon. :slight_smile: Thanks for finding this.

I’ll try to find some workaround, but since this is really a platform level issue it will be more of a waiting game for them to push a fix.

Understood, so long as it’s in the right hands. Glad to help identify the issues. One workaround I can think of would be to set the value of the tile open page display since setting the value does make the slider display that value. But I could not think of a way to get a method called when the tiles are displayed. If you know of a way to identify when the tiles page is opened I could easily fix my device code for the display bug. The color bug is a wait for a fix issue.

I don’t think there’s a way to do a callback for when the details page is displayed. As both these bugs don’t have a workaround I’m hoping our dev team will fix them ASAP.

I just installed 1.7.3 version of Android Smart Things app hoping that it would fix this issue (don’t know since details of this release have not been posted yet.)

Unfortunatly it made the situation worse.

sliders with a limited range still don’t initialize but now they also don’t work at all. Sliding them is no longer setting my tile value.

I am quite annoyed and reverted my app back to 1.7.2

I AM SO FRUSTRATED !

They just released Android App 1.7.4. OK they fixed the fact that sliders didn’t work at all in 1.7.3 but the bug I reported in version 1.7.2 is still there !!!

I even provide a simple test device to support to prove the bug to the developers. They told me to reach out to @kris and he turned out not to be on the android team.

I really wish the code was open source. I could probably fix this bug in 10minutes and I might even do some testing LOL.

Well at least 1.7.4 can stay on my device since it isn’t the crashing mess the 1.7.3 release was. But still having this bug which prevents sliders with a limited range from initializing is really quite annoying !

Any chance this will ever be fixed ?

Hi Ron, I just fixed this, even used your device type handler as a test case and it will be available in the next play store build. The sliders will reflect the color you specify and the slider position will be saved when you return to the page

3 Likes

@AlexanderTheGrape Wooo Hooo Thanks !!! :fireworks: :fireworks:

Excitement dwindled
app fix never released
sad

@AlexanderTheGrape Any chance this will every be updated. In my app it is still broken and there are no updates. Two weeks since you said it was fixed. But not very helpful if it is never released :frowning:

@AlexanderTheGrape, could you please take a look at this maybe?

http://docs.smartthings.com/en/latest/smartapp-developers-guide/preferences-and-settings.html?#href

Specify “external” to launch the link in the mobile device’s browser.

Currently, Android does not support the “external” style option.

Please?

@alex why post that to this thread ? I don’t see the relation.

Sorry, I thought to post here to bug an Android developer.

I see, well a new thread would have been better and if you do this you may discourage developers from posting here which would be a shame. I am asking him for feedback because he was kind enough to post that he had fixed the issue mentioned in this thread. Just my 2 cents but I understand your need to get in touch with someone given how poor support has been lately.

1 Like

3 months since I reported this issue which should have been a small fix but still not fixed in my android app.
@625alex promised it is fixed but what’s the point if the fix is never released ?

@April Can I be so bold as to ask you to follow up on this issue as well. I am sure you are overloaded with all the issues but this was supposed to be fixed and has not been released. The state of my ST app and setup is making me sad.

1 Like

Hey Ron. The android developers are aware of this. On the next deployment of the mobile app, it should be fixed. We’re dogfood-ing it atm.

Thanks April and for the other old folks in the group.

I had to look that one up :slight_smile: