Is it possible to have 2 push buttons in 1 tile

(Mark Harding) #1

Not sure how to explain but is it posible to have to momentry push buttons within one device handle. been playing with the code but its the first time i have even looked at it so its a very step learning curve. basically i need a device type that lets me click on 2 seperate buttons within it. this is then linked to mqtt sending an on and off command. i cant use a switch as i have no way of knowing the current state, hence the 2 buttons.

the code below is what i have been hacking about at learning. where i have put PUSH1 this is what i would like to do for that button and then push is the other. just have no idea how or if even possible :frowning:

/**
 *  Copyright 2015 SmartThings
 *  Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except
 *  in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at:
 *      http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
 *  Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed
 *  on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License
 *  for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
 *  Momentary Button Tile
 *  Author: SmartThings
 *  Date: 2013-05-01
 */
metadata {
	definition (name: "Momentary Button Tile", namespace: "smartthings", author: "SmartThings") {
		capability "Actuator"
		capability "Switch"
		capability "Momentary"
		capability "Sensor"
        capability "Switch Level"
	}

// simulator metadata
	simulator {
	}

// UI tile definitions
	tiles {
		standardTile("switch1", "device.switch", width: 6, height: 4, canChangeIcon: true) {
			state "off", label: 'Turn off', action: "momentary.push1", backgroundColor: "#ffffff"
		}
              	}

tiles(scale: 2) {
		multiAttributeTile(name:"switch", type: "lighting", width: 6, height: 4, canChangeIcon: true){
			tileAttribute ("device.switch", key: "PRIMARY_CONTROL") {
				attributeState "on", label:'Turn On', action:"momentary.push", icon:"http://cdn.device-icons.smartthings.com/Lighting/light10-icn@2x.png", backgroundColor:"#79b821"

}
			tileAttribute ("device.level", key: "SLIDER_CONTROL") {
				attributeState "level", action:"switch level.setLevel", range:"(5..32)"
			}
		}

}
		main "switch"
      details(["switch1", "level","switch"])
	}
      preferences {

input name: "room", type: "text", title: "room number", description: "Enter room number", required: true, displayDuringSetup: true
        input name: "devicenumber", type: "text", title: "device number", description: "Enter device number", required: true, displayDuringSetup: true

}

def parse(String description) {
}

def push() {
	sendEvent(name: "switch", value: "100,!R${room}D${devicenumber}F1", isStateChange: true, display: false)
}
def push1() {
dEvent(name: "switch", value: "100,!R${room}D${devicenumber}F0", isStateChange: true, display: false)
}

def setLevel(value) {
	if (value == 0) {
  sendEvent(name: "switch", value: "100,!R${room}D${devicenumber}F0", isStateChange: true, display: false)

} else {
    	sendEvent(name: "switch", value: "100,!R${room}D${devicenumber}FdP${value}", isStateChange: true, display: false)
		sendEvent(name: "switch", value: "onee ${value}" )
		sendEvent(name: "level", value: '${value}')

}
}

def on() {
	push()
}

def off() {
	push()
}

Interesting find: htmlTile as main tile
(ActionTiles.com co-founder Terry @ActionTiles; GitHub: @cosmicpuppy) #2
  1. Please surround code with three back-quotes to ensure its format is retained.

def method() {
   //do stuff
}
  1. Any “Standard Tile” can issue any specific Command regardless of the current State of the Attribute. So just create 2 unique Attributes, and 2 Standard Tiles.

http://docs.smartthings.com/en/latest/device-type-developers-guide/tiles-metadata.html#standard-tile

(Mark Harding) #3

Hi,

thanks for the heads up on the code, thats much simpler now.

how would you create the unique attributes, thats the but i dont really understand. had a quick look at the link but i’m at work on my lunch at the min. i have

state "off", label: 'Turn off', action: "momentary.push1", backgroundColor: "#ffffff"

and

attributeState "on", label:'Turn On', action:"momentary.push", icon:"http://cdn.device-icons.smartthings.com/Lighting/light10-icn@2x.png", backgroundColor:"#79b821"

and def as

def push() {
	sendEvent(name: "switch", value: "100,!R${room}D${devicenumber}F1", isStateChange: true, display: false)
}
def push1() {
dEvent(name: "switch", value: "100,!R${room}D${devicenumber}F0", isStateChange: true, display: false)
} 

push works not push1, and i can swap them over and push then works on the other tile and push1 doesn’t if that makes sense. i’m sure i’m probably missing something simple

(Mark Harding) #4

think i’m sorted!!!

i noticed that i had put sendevent wrong missed “sen” out

i also needed to add a command in for push1 but this now works :slight_smile:

(Matt Behnken) #5

Can you please post the working version? We’re trying to use htmlTile to format the main tile but we can’t figure out two buttons in one main.

(Mark Harding) #6

just posted on the other thread, mine was just on the main tile not actually on the main screen.

(Matt Behnken) #7

Thank you sir. I read through your post. Appreciate it.

(Mark Harding) #8

If any one does find a way please let me know as it’s something I would like to do aswell