Is it me or Hue integration is dead?

Im still trying to figure out how it killed my dimmer switches. Not sure I want to keep something thats going to kill my hardware when it goes screwy.

Omg. This thing is killing me. Did they fire the QA team? My hue bridge integration vaporized and I have no idea whether I should wait for them to acknowledge the problem and tell us how to fix it or start a hate campaign. Any advise would be appreciated.

1 Like

Yeah same problem here. Hue bridge integration stopped functioning, and now my security setting can’t be disarmed. And I have sirens coming in the mail
ugh, I don’t want to regret this move to ST.

Not more than two posts above yours I posted some advice.

What kind of dimmer switches? Hue ones? If they are Hue ones, did you pair them directly to the ST hub or to the Hue Bridge? If they are Hue dimmers and they are paired to the Hue bridge, the loss of connectivity between the ST hub and the Hue Bridge should have absolutely no bearing on their functionality, everything in the Hue app works the same as it did before.

I’m guessing you have the bulbs tied to displaying some sort of alert if SHM is triggered? Are you able to remove the bulbs from whatever rule they are included in and then try and ‘disarm’ it? If you can’t disarm it, try selecting ‘Arm (Stay)’ first and then disarm.

No good. I removed the device but it won’t rediscover it. The hue lights themselves are working fine with the hue app and even Amazon echo

2 Likes

Hmm, okay, thank you for checking.

Can you see anything in Live Logging (in the IDE) when it’s attempting the discovery? I got a lot of messages saying basically that the hub was already added even though mine was display 0 hubs found.

While this will be of little comfort to some I can guarantee you they are currently working on it and are fully aware of the issue.

I removed the device/hub then opened hue connect. At the blink of an eye it rediscover the bridge. Next, the LEDs were discovered and nothing else had to be done. Everything was back to normal. No further configuring needed.

2 Likes

It finally worked. Just had to wait a while for it to discover. As info for others with the same issue, this method does preserve your automation.

I admit I’m a little frustrated as it is not the first time an update blew me out of the water. Not a great philosophy to make the consumer of a security system lab rats for updates that aren’t tested and risk a flooded house, frozen pipes, burglary, etc
 It certainly doesn’t inspire much confidence.

Thanks for the advice Benji.

1 Like

While it was unrelated to my bulbs, the security setting indeed corrected itself by first going in stay mode. Quirky indeed, but good to see it working again.

2 Likes

I’m so confused right now . I go into my hue (connect) app and it says 0 for the bridge nothing is showing up. Do I try to remove then try to re add it ? I just done wanna reconfigure all my rule machine rules .

1 Like

Remove the Hue Bridge device itself from whatever ‘room/group’ you put it in and then go back to the ‘Hue (Connect)’ SmartApp to let it rediscover, as noted by @JosephLange this may actually take longer than expected to rediscover the Hue Bridge.

2 Likes

Okay now I feel like a noob. How do you remove a device from a group/room

Go to your room. Select your device and then

2 Likes

Maybe you didn’t put your Hue bridge in a room? Look under Things. Alternatively, go to IDE/My Devices and find Hue Bridge (unless you renamed it to whatever), select edit then Delete. Now back to the mobile app, SmartApp and locate Hue (Connect) app. Open it, let it discover
 Done

2 Likes

I got it working thanks everyone for the help

2 Likes

Glad this is all working for you guys, ironically I got home so late from work last night I didn’t have the chance to fix mine.

Just be aware that with all the platform stability issues going on right now that this could happen again.

Thanks guys. 90% of my lights were going Ape ShT crazy last night. Sitting here watching Tv with the daughter and the whole house goes dark. Two minutes later random lights come on, then 5 minutes later whole house goes dark again.

Took me a while to realize it was mostly the Hues. I should have known since the first one I noticed an issue with, was bedroom bloom not working. I was in no mood to mess with it last night, ended up just manually ( with wall switches) turning off lights last night ( How do people live like that ? )
Looking around this AM I noticed it was all the Hues (on Hue hub ) and the Osram white bulbs ( Osram RGBW bulb were unaffected :confused: ) connected directly to ST.

Hue connect app showed 0 hubs and would not discover Hue hub. I removed the device then ran Hue connect app discovery again and it found hub and reconnected immediately. All Hue lights that should have come on with " Good Morning" 2 hours ago came on.

1 Like

Mine are back as well but I had to go thru the whole process of removing all apps related to it, removing the bridge and starting from the scratch. Prior to this it was the most stable integration for months! It appears that it is working fine now.

Don’t even suggest that I need to redo all the automations. I never even thought of that. I just re-added the hub, selected all of the bulbs, then went through triggering on/off in ST app and they were working. ST app and IDE history showed them as being triggered while they were offline. So assuming they will just all go back where they belong on their own.

2 Likes

My Hues broke (uncontrollable via ST), ended up removing and re-adding the bridge - that fixed it. I am considering selling my Hues, they have been my main issue with ST.