Is it just me... ST just falling apart (April 2018)

hubv2

(Mark) #31

The system can work locally on its own without central monitoring. And the ADT branded sensors themselves might work somewhat more reliably than z-wave/zigbee sensors since they’re on their own proprietary frequency.

But without the central monitoring, the cellular backup function is disabled, so if your internet is down there’s no way to get alerts remotely, or interact with the system with a mobile phone or tablet (even if you’re at home). You can use the panel only.

(Mark) #34

I initially forgot to include that phrase and I think @BleeGonzo and I cross-posted while I was editing it after re-reading my post (and realized without that phrase, what I wrote is, in fact, incorrect).

Apologies for the confusion.

(Tim) #35

About Android Presence I have noticed with both an old Note 3 and new Note 8. We do not use iPhones. So do not experience the consistency with those with this particular problem.

When I am at home, it may say I am AWAY… even if I open Google Maps app, refresh location, still says I am AWAY. I also reboot phone. Turn off wifi, wifi back on. Still says AWAY.

Tried resaving location for geofence in SmartThings. Still shows AWAY.

BUT… if I sign out of my SmartThings account, and sign back in it seems to update my location and no longer away after a few minutes or so.

This tells me it’s not necessarily Googles fault? But yet Samsung’s?

This is what irks me, their very own manufacturers devices do not work with their system, but their direct competitor, Apple does!!! Wtf?

Same with Samsung Cameras? Works with competitors but not theirs? I mean most of them, not just 1 or 2.

I still have to try life360… but really feel shouldn’t have to having a “Samsung” note 8??? Life360 also wants my cell number??? I don’t want different apps having this.

What would be nice is a “thorough” explanation “why” Android Presence doesn’t work from the actual developers of SmartThings. (Probably why ADT doesn’t incorporate it either).

(Johnny H) #36

Yes… I tried the same things ( it use to wake up ST… but now does nothing at all) and its boiling down to a ST issue (well it is a ST issue). I re- added myself yesterday and I’ve been away since April 10 at 3:17pm… and I was at home when I was “away” lmao. I’m at a stage that it does not work with my S7 device at all now, not even intermittently.

I even refreshed the Geo perimeter and still no go. This is absolutely not a google issue.

I still have 3 lights stuck in the “On” state and crickets with tech support on this…

(Tim) #37

uggghhh…that is NOT good. I am not suggesting this as it gets some people’s panties in a wad, but I had some serious issues with ST when I accidentally enabled the Samsung Connect App back in Dec 2017 on a the Note 8 phone. (it had created EXTRA LOCATIONS that COULD NOT BE DELETED, NOT EVEN BY SAMSUNG people)(not going no where near Samsung Connect). I had to ULTIMATELY remove my Samsung Account and START ALL OVER FROM SCRATCH to get things working again… obviously not Android Presence though… that has never worked properly…which it should.

This is no longer an issue with deleting additional Home locations that get added either via the Account Migration or when first logging into the NEW app. It’s all about first modifying the additional line that was added under Locations in the IDE which is called Default Location and the value is true or false.

FYI: In order to delete a Home Location that has nothing in it:

1. Login to IDE at https://account.smartthings.com
  2. Goto Locations
  3. If you have multiple Locations, select the invalid one
  4. Make sure there is no Hub associated to it
  5. Scroll to the right and click Edit
  6. If the Default Location shows “true” (will be read only)
  7. If it is “true”, go back to Locations and select your primary (Real) location and set the default location to “true”
  8. Now you can edit/delete the additional Home location as it will automatically be set to “false”.

"SmartThings Classic" vs "SmartThings (Samsung Connect)" App
Can't delete a location keeps giving error, any suggestions?
Extra / Phantom Home Location created by new SmartThings app, Why?
Smartthings App on my Android (Samsung) phone not working
(Tim) #39

Glad that’s fixed… would expect SmartThings Classic will eventually be deprecated anyways at some point and I’ll have to move on to Connect. Thank you for the info.

(Tim) #40

WB70,
Does this Samsung Connect have Smart Home Monitor? If not, is it going to be implemented?

Short answer - Yes it is there for both Android and IOS.

You can read these couple of threads where we have been doing some testing and comparisons of what’s there and what’s not. There’s a ton more topics, but here is the two from latest rounds of testing including stuff on SHM and Location / Security Modes and Automations:

After you hit Update, scroll to the top. Are you sure it’s not displaying an error?

Also - When you edited the Phantom Location, does that show true, false or is it blank? Don’t do anything with it yet. Just let me know.

Does it let you edit and rename the Phantom Location? Try renaming it to ZBadHome.

Do this. Add a New Location. Call it Testing.

Ok now edit it. Is it true or false?

If that new location stays true, then delete the original Phantom Location so that you only have real one and Testing.

Now try to set the real one to true

Try deleting the Testing. Should error.

On the real one try selecting false again in it and saving it.

You did login at https://account.smartthings.com correct? Versus going to the shard you already know.

Gimme a sec

I just created another Location, set it to true and then went back to my real Location and changed it back to true without issue. Not sure why it won’t let you.