Is chat support no longer available?

For the last two days chat has been off line is it no longer available?

judging by the email replies over the last month (i got 1), whole support is no longer available

2 Likes

Hey guys,

While we beef up the staff on the support team we may, from time to time, take chat support offline to catch up on tickets. This shouldn’t be the case once we hire, and train, more people. Training is the big part of that, it takes a while, but we are working hard to get the team beefed up.

i sure hope i will get a response to my email ticket then:)

1 Like

I have had a ticket out there also waiting on a response. I have a hunch we might not hear anything until after the Las Vegas show, it is a big thing here for the companies to show off their newest and best tech.

Have you guys checked to see if the tickets are still open?

@slagle You have been saying that SmartThings Support is hiring and training new people for months… The ST Chatline has been Offline for over 6 months, or at least anytime I try it. Email support is a joke when it takes more than one week to possibly return a reply from someone for “please provide more information”. Do you really expect anyone to believe that it will get any better in 2016?

I used to be a loyal SmartThings supporter, but I am totally disappointed in the missed promises, lack of support, instability and buggy firmware upgrades that bricks my device at our home that we use for door lock management.

3 Likes

@kurtsanders, trust me, if Tim could have hired and train some people, he would have done it by now! He’s just a messenger…so let’s not shoot him!

1 Like

I think the link in your post got mangled somehow. Here’s a link to the “My Requests” list on the support site:

https://support.smartthings.com/hc/en-us/requests/

2 Likes

@SBDOBRESCU It’s a matter of providing accurate information, whether a person is directly responsible or a messenger.

1 Like

I think what they are experiencing is growing pains. It is very common for new companies, trying to keep up with new products and trying to support the existing customers. Don’t get me wrong I am just as upset with the support issue, not that my problems are bigger or more important than others, but we have to hope that after CES they get their act together.

Ha, ha, ha. You haven’t had SmartThings for too long did you?

3 Likes

Actually a pretty long time, and I have gone through some rough patches with the WeMo devices, but have that just about ironed out. And once the software that is in testing now is out all that will be behind me. Now I am in the stage of what else to add. I have devices from Honeywell that uses a device type made by fellows here I have SmartThings sensors for my attic fan and sensors for my temp/hum. I have GE dimmers and now waiting for my camera to be delivered and hope to get that working. I even have Amazon Alexa working on my Thermostat using SmartThings and IFTTT. I can control lights that way also. I have lots of plans but not enough money to replace my hub to a v2 yet. I have been in the IT and building control business for 32 years and now I went from huge skyscrapers, sewage plants to my small 2200 sq ft home. I am on the local committee that is installing solar panels on our recreation building and going to monitor it with SmartThings. Haven’t gotten to that point yet, but by spring.

1 Like

Nice, now that you’ve got your Wemo squared away, you need the Mr. Coffee. Wemo launched today the IFTTT chanel after months of waiting and delayed promises!

Bobby one thing I have learned in all my years in tech, things move at a snail’s pace once they are released. Getting things on the market is the main goal, so product development comes first. That is why Apple opened up Beta testing to the public and so has most of the main companies. I have a list of companies I test for, so they get people to find the bugs so their staff doesn’t waste time in fixing the bugs.

1 Like

Sure, every respectable tech company has a beta testing process in place before they release a product or an update. In my free time, I have helped Microsoft, Sonos, Logitech with their testing, so I know what you mean :smiley:

1 Like

Lets not talk about Logitech, as of now they can’t get their Performance MX mouse to work with OS X 10.11 using the receiver in a USB hub. The keyboard on the same receiver works, but the mouse not. It did before 10.11 but not now. OS X 10.11 has been out of beta for 6 months at least. During all the months of beta they had a chance to fix this but not Logitech. Now many people that paid near $100.00 for a MX mouse now have bricks. I have gotten mine to work by plugging in a USB mouse on every software update to click through the Logitech Unifying software. When I questioned the tech why it worked before in a hub he had no answer. The USB ports on the back of my iMac are reserved for the drives and one for the hubs. But leave it to Logitech they are always behind. I have gotten so frustrated I am ready to move to a new mouse but haven’t found one that feels as good.

So funny, just replace the word mouse with hub and we are still on the right forum and back to the topic!

1 Like

How true. Now I am going to search this forum for the proper URL for the Pyle IP camera to run in tiles dashboard. I think I might have a hard time.

They could sell a lot more SmartThings hubs by fixing their software and debugging the product. Over the Christmas holidays I had at least 10 people aske me about SmartThings. I was discouraging.

If they would reply to my emails and/or fix problems I could’ve made 8 to 10 sales for them. I’m very convincing, and I work for free.

3 Likes