Iris Keypad + SmartAlarm - What am I doing wrong?

Ok, so here’s the situation.

I’ve created the Iris Keypad device handler.

I’ve added the SmartAlarm smartapp.

I’ve clicked the remove button on the SHM.

I configured the SmartAlarm app to use the front door sensor, the siren, and the keypad.

I punch in the code on the keypad and hit the ON button, and it says it will arm in 30 seconds. I wait for it to arm.

To test the entry delay, I open the front door, the siren immediately goes off, but I hear the keypad chiming, as if I have 30 seconds to key in a code before it goes off.

What have I done wrong here?

One other note is that the buttons on the keypad seem off. On does what you would expect. It sets it to armed/away. But OFF sets it to armed/home (you would expect disarmed), and PARTIAL sets it to disarmed.

Any help with this?

Thanks

Also, here are the logs from that event.

I can see where it’s executing entry delay, but the strobe/siren is blasting even before that happens.

2016-12-09 7:04:05.314 PM PST
30 minutes ago DEVICE status closed Front Door was closed
2016-12-09 7:04:04.077 PM PST
30 minutes ago DEVICE alarm both Siren alarm is both
2016-12-09 7:04:03.924 PM PST
30 minutes ago DEVICE armMode entryDelay Iris Keypad arm mode is entryDelay
2016-12-09 7:04:03.911 PM PST
30 minutes ago APP_COMMAND setEntryDelay
2016-12-09 7:04:03.863 PM PST
30 minutes ago APP_COMMAND strobe
2016-12-09 7:04:03.594 PM PST
30 minutes ago DEVICE status open Front Door was opened
2016-12-09 7:03:35.185 PM PST
30 minutes ago DEVICE armMode armedAway Iris Keypad arm mode is armedAway
2016-12-09 7:03:34.435 PM PST
30 minutes ago APP_COMMAND setArmedAway

I would use User Lock Manager to define what the Iris Keypad triggers.
This is how I got it working.

Install a new Device Handler
https://github.com/miriad/SmartThingsPublic/blob/keypad/devicetypes/mitchpond/centralite-keypad.src/centralite-keypad.groovy

Instll User Lock Manager
https://github.com/miriad/SmartThingsPublic/blob/ULM-keypad/smartapps/ethayer/user-lock-manager.src/user-lock-manager.groovy

Reset IRIS Keypad & Add to Smartthings

1. Disconnect the batteries.
  2. Press and hold the Wall Tamper Button
  3. While holding the Wall Tamper Button, reconnect one battery.
  4. After 2 seconds Release the Wall Tamper Button.
  5. Wait for the Wireless icon to start
  6. Add a Thing in Smartthings app (it may take a few tries to add)

Configure User Lock Manager with users and codes. You must use 4 digit codes.
It may take a 10 minutes or so to start working.

1 Like

Angry Jedi throws 404 code when i try to get the code pasted above… Dead links? Anyone have these? Trying to get iris keypad running.

Would anyone happen to have some pointers on how to use the Iris keypad as a way to unlock my door, but without it needing to be in armed mode.

Here’s the scenario: I’m in the UK and I’m using a Yale Conexis L1 lock(this lock doesn’t have a keypad), so on a recent trip to the US I picked up an IRIS keypad on sale with the idea of using it as a secondary way to unlock my front door. I’m not yet arming/disarming the alarm so it is always in ‘disarmed’ state.

I have managed to use Lock Manager to get the door to unlock when the keypad goes from armed to disarmed, however when I try to ‘disarm’(enter code on keypad, press ‘off’) it doesn’t trigger the routine because the state isn’t changing. I also tried using webCORE but didn’t have anymore luck here as I’m still dependant on being able to always track any successful code entry.

Any thoughts?
Thanks!

I am looking to do the same thing but with my Garage door (using a “Linear” garage door opener already in place). I have the exact same keypad and have used it as a way to arm/disarm SHM but would prefer a way to replace my current garage door keypad with a ST compatible one for better control.

1 Like