Introduce Yourself!

And @JDRoberts who holds us all together now.

3 Likes

Not me, I just kibbitz a little. :sunglasses: I havenā€™t even downloaded the new app, so Iā€™m way behind.

Shhhhā€¦ I havenā€™t either. :zipper_mouth_face:

And I just finally received my ā€œConvert to Samsung Loginā€ notice :scream: ā€¦ I wonder if they were sent in alphabetical order? While Iā€™ve read all about the process, Iā€™m super nervous because my SmartThings Account(s) are critical to supporting ActionTiles and its Customers.

1 Like

Thanks for starting this thread - I have been a member of the community for quite a few years, but never saw this thread beforeā€¦my apologies.

My name is Rob, and Iā€™m a Chief Technology Officer living in the SF Bay area. (If youā€™re super curious about my background, you can check me out here: https://about.me/robdemillo ) Iā€™m in the business side of tech now, but at my heart Iā€™m an engineer - I started engineering back in the 70ā€™s when I was in highschool, and never really stopped. In my SparkLabs role, Iā€™m actively involved in IoT on a professional level, and on a personal level Iā€™ve been wiring up and coding IoT controls for my home and friends home for years. (@JDRoberts has been an incredible resource - thanks for all your help throughout the years JD).

I used to code directly to control oddball devices in my house, but these days I pretty much restrict myself to what I can do with a combination of out-of-the-box SmartThings, IFTTT, and WebCore. (Only so many hours in the day, ya know?)

My house has about 70+ devices all nicely integrated together (for the most part, lol) - my newest additions are the AXIS Gear controllers for my main floor shades.

Feel free to reach out and say hi.

Rob

2 Likes

Hey Iā€™m Julian in the uk, Iā€™m a heating engineer and started looking into automation as the thermostats appeared in the work place.
What got me to look in further was that my wifeā€™s vision was deteriorating and automating lights was a very practical solution, i got researching all the many differing products out there and come across smartthings with its many possible integrations, I dived in.
During the last 3 months Iā€™ve managed to incorporate hue and tradfri lighting, smart thermostat, door bell, bose speaker and google home and mini, although at first my wife was sceptical with all this technology she now benefits greatly from the presence and motion sensors for the lights and the Googleā€™s for setting the heating and playing music, Iā€™m not really in the same league as most on this forum so expect some simple questions but Iā€™m reading loads and enjoying it even though some is like another language. Cheers J

3 Likes