Integration Solutions using MQTT

Looks like one too many '0’s in your LAN Device Address port number.

I assume you have edgebridge running?

One LAN Presence device per phone device. So use the ‘Create new device’ button in the Controls screen of your current (configured) LAN Presence device to create another one and configure that one separately.

that fixed it. I should have caught that and should have known better.
Ports don’t go to 500001.

Thanks, now they’re working

[config]
phone_ips = 10.0.0.130, 10.0.0.251
phone_names = iphone, samsung
phone_offline_retries = 7, 10

ping_interval = 12

port = 50001
bridge_address = 10.0.0.3:8088
console_output = yes
logfile_output = n0
logfile = phonetrack.log

pi@raspberrypi:~/Documents/PhonePresence/phonepresence-main/SmartThingsIntegration $ python3 phonetrack_st.py
Mon Jan 9 15:18:21 2023 Using ‘IP’ to find tracked devices
Mon Jan 9 15:18:21 2023 Pinging
Mon Jan 9 15:18:22 2023 iphone Presence changed to = True
Mon Jan 9 15:18:22 2023 samsung Presence changed to = True
Mon Jan 9 15:18:22 2023 Scan complete

1 Like

Driver Shutdown? I noticed that my MQTT devices stopped working and checked the app and the status says: “Driver Shutdown”. I deleted the mqtt creator and re-installed and it connected fine. When hitting refresh to populate subscribed topics I got the Driver Shutdown status again. Hitting refresh again goes into permanent “Connecting” status. I’m running the 2003-01-05 driver. The only thing I’ve done with ST today is install the WebRequestor app. Any thoughts?

Does it seem to happen only when you are pressing the refresh button?

How many devices do you have and what type are they?

I’ll have to see if I can recreate the problem, but why are you needing to press refresh in the first place? Are your devices not automatically getting subscribed?

Actually I haven’t touched the app in 2 weeks. This morning I noticed my mqtt devices were dead so I checked the app and that’s when I noticed the Driver Shutdown status. First step to resolve was Refresh and it went into constant Connecting… Next step was to delete and reinstall the app. Came up fine but after 5 minutes still no subscribed topics. Hit Refresh again, constant Connecting. After maybe 4 deinstall/reinstalls it seems to be fine. 32 topics: 14 contact, 14 switch and 4 momentary. Maybe just a one-off glitch since it has been perfect for weeks.

If it happens again, I’d recommend tapping only the Refresh button on the Device Creator device. This resets connection to the broker and resubscribes all devices if connected. You shouldn’t have to delete and recreate anything, unless the driver itself is somehow botched.

Let me know if you have this problem again.

@TAustin : Hi Todd! First I’d like to thank you a lot for all the work you did on Smartthings Edge Integration. I’m using 2 Edge Drivers from you (Envisalink 2.1 and MQTT Devices 1.1).

I was using 2 Groovy IDE Drivers for many years for Envisalink and also for Wink Relay Device (Yes, Wink Relay, but the wall devices works great despite the fact that Wink company is now dead). I have many Wink Relay and now I can use them with MQTT directly with Smartthing Edge with your MQTT Driver and it works flawlessly!

Simple configuration:

• Docker with Mosquitto MQTT Broker
  • Wink-Manager MQTT (easy to find on GITHUB)
  • MQTT Devices Edge Driver 1.1

324458314_704600214583155_109653864051037166_n

If you can add in MQTT Device Creator (Humidity Device + Proximity Trigger) it will be more then perfect!

Those 2 infos are well seen by MQTT Explorer

Last thing : Where can i send you money for coffees ? :slight_smile:

Todd, again thanks, i’m very impress by your work!

1 Like

Now humidity is supported

integration-solutions-using-mqtt/245186/234

I’m using the latest MQTT Devices Driver 1.1 and I dont see the option from the device list for humidity device on the creation menu.
324636677_688062429633223_9120731139327476255_n
324483736_1308993943256573_6620005625429501483_n

Is it something I do wrongly ?

From post 234
You will need to delete your existing MQTT Device Creator device and then do an Add device / Scan for nearby devices in order to recreate it and have access to the new device types. You will also have to re-enter your broker config in device Settings.

That was it. Super Thanks. Is the Edge Driver can have a kind of “auto-update” when a new version is available without deleting them + re-adding them ?

Normally yes, but maybe adding device types is a different case.
@TAustin Todd can answer to you.

Yea I’m really sorry for the hassle of having to recreate the Creator device. It’s a platform issue: the create button you use to get a list of supported device types has to be statically defined. That means any time I want to change it by adding new device types, it’s forcing us to have to recreate the device because there has been no consistently reliable way to make a change like that otherwise.

However, I will say I haven’t looked at this in several months, so MAYBE things have improved and I can now make these kinds of changes without having to recreate the device. I will revisit this the next time I need to update it.

That’s great, if you can add a proximity sensor in the next version I will send you $ for your coffees :slight_smile:

Indeed as @TapioX has already pointed out, humidity is now supported in the latest driver update.

The proximity trigger: what is that, exactly? A motion detector? I wonder if there is an existing device type that would address this one. What is the value that is sent, and is it consistent or does it always change?

Re. coffees: click on my ID in the upper left of this post! Thank you!

On Wink Relay (GitHub - jimpastos/wink-relay-manager: Manage Wink Relay's native sensors and publish to MQTT) its the little black hole on the device. When you approach the device, the screen wakeup by itself following a max threshold. Its a kind of motion detector in someway. Yes the values is always changing.

So what do you want to do with that data within SmartThings? Do you have automations you would want to trigger if movement is detected? Or are you needing to do something with the specific values being sent?

The final objective (if its possible) will be to to have on the future “MQTT Proximity Device”

• The real time value nformation return by the proximity sensor
  • Maximum Trigger value threshold that we can set manually on the device parameter page.

And yes being able to create automation in Smartthing when the Maximum Trigger Threshold is reach.

Wow, this is great. I’ve setup Home Assistant, configured Netatmo and now I am able to push the temperature and humidity values to SmartThings.

Thank you very much for this fantastic work.

Would it be possible to add an Air Quality Device (CO2) to the MQTT Device Creator? This would allow to fully integrate Netatmo into SmartThings after Groovy ends.

Thank you very much,
Thorsten

1 Like