Input type time not working in smartapps

input type time that used to work fine seems to be not working in my custom apps. in app settings time input params type are showing as blank instead of as time. trying to set a value does not seem to be working either and seems to cause the app to glitch.

so trying to figure out whats going on thought i would use this simple app below. when clicking on this app from SmartApps in the new ST app … it shows a “Something went wrong. Please try to install the SmartApp again.” popup and in the log its throwing this error:

error java.lang.RuntimeException: Metadata Error: Missing required page parameter 'name' @line -1 (pageTest)

what i am doing wrong and is there a know issue with input type time?

thank you.

/**
 *  bangali test app
**/

definition	(
    name: "bangali test app",
    namespace: "bangali",
    author: "bangali",
    description: "bangali test app",
    category: "SmartThings Labs",
    iconUrl: "https://s3.amazonaws.com/smartapp-icons/Convenience/Cat-Convenience.png",
    iconX2Url: "https://s3.amazonaws.com/smartapp-icons/Convenience/Cat-Convenience@2x.png",
    iconX3Url: "https://s3.amazonaws.com/smartapp-icons/Convenience/Cat-Convenience@2x.png"
)

preferences {
  page(name:"pageTest", title: "Test Inputs")
}

def pageTest()	{
	dynamicPage(name:"bangaliTest", title:"bangali test", install:true, uninstall:true)		{
        section("Title") {
			input "wakeupTime", "time", title:"Wakeup Time?", required: true, defaultValue: (wakeupTime ?: "07:00"), submitOnChange:true
			input "sleepTime", "time", title:"Sleep Time?", required: true, defaultValue: (sleepTime ?: "22:00"), submitOnChange:true
        }
    }
}

def installed() {
	log.debug "Installed with settings: ${settings}"

initialize()
}

def updated() {
	log.debug "Updated with settings: ${settings}"

unsubscribe()
	initialize()
    log.debug "$wakeupTime | $sleepTime"
}

def initialize() {}
1 Like

Hi, there!

This appears when the page name specified in preferences is not found. In your case, you only need to replace bangaliTest for pageTest here:

The Time input issue is already reported, it happens for iOS devices and our engineering team is already working on the fix (there’s not an ETA yet).

duh … thanks for catching that.

is there a thread i can follow for updates?

also genuinely interested in knowing how does a ST app release get thru with this basic of a regression?

thank you.

Actually, we don’t have a post related to this issue. It was reported to build@smartthings.com. If I receive an update, I’ll share it here with you.

thank you.

is there also a known issue with submitOnChange:true? for example in the below test app setting each input sequentially from top to bottom am unable to set sleepTime after enabling sleep time toggle. havent tested other possible combinations.

and if cancel button is pressed sleepTime input value then gets highlighted like this:

from what i was seeing in my rooms manager app and then playing with this one its almost as if submitOnChange:true is both refreshing the current screen with all inputs and also instantiating a new copy of the current input setting to be accepted which then overlays the original onscreen.

/**
 *  bangali test app
**/

definition	(
    name: "bangali test app",
    namespace: "bangali",
    author: "bangali",
    description: "bangali test app",
    category: "SmartThings Labs",
    iconUrl: "https://s3.amazonaws.com/smartapp-icons/Convenience/Cat-Convenience.png",
    iconX2Url: "https://s3.amazonaws.com/smartapp-icons/Convenience/Cat-Convenience@2x.png",
    iconX3Url: "https://s3.amazonaws.com/smartapp-icons/Convenience/Cat-Convenience@2x.png"
)

preferences {
  page(name:"bangaliTest", title: "Test Inputs")
}

def bangaliTest()	{
	dynamicPage(name:"bangaliTest", title:"bangali test", install:true, uninstall:true)		{
        section("Title") {
			input "wT", "bool", title:"Enable Wakeup Time?", required:true, defaultValue:false, submitOnChange:true
            if (wT)
				input "wakeupTime", "time", title:"Wakeup Time?", required:true, defaultValue:"07:00", submitOnChange:true
            else
            	paragraph 'Wakeup TIme?'  + '\nenable wakeup time to set'
			input "sT", "bool", title:"Enable Sleep Time?", required:true, defaultValue:false, submitOnChange:true
            if (sT)
				input "sleepTime", "time", title:"Sleep Time?", required:true, defaultValue:"22:00", submitOnChange:true
            else
            	paragraph 'Sleep TIme?'  + '\nenable sleep time to set'
        }
    }
}

def installed() {
	log.debug "Installed with settings: ${settings}"

initialize()
}

def updated() {
	log.debug "Updated with settings: ${settings}"

unsubscribe()
	initialize()
    log.debug "$wakeupTime | $sleepTime"
}

def initialize() {}

thank you.

and since about this morning time based calculations like light levels and color temperatures have stopped working without me updating any code.

so it’s not just time input any more its also time values that have been entered previously.

I see what you mean, I’ve added this to the report.

Which SmartApp handles those events?

thank you.

nvm … i had messed up some other settings while trying to set the time range while dealing with that overlay on the settings screen.

any word on fixing this? it’s been over 2 weeks now.

It’s been over 8 months now since it was first reported.

1 Like

even better! Samsung must be working a deal to get out of the ST business :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The fix was deployed today

1 Like

That’s right, thanks @RBoy. @bangali, please, remember to select a solution, it can be the post above which specifies that the deployment was made.

thats good to hear.

we sometimes end up venting about how badly Samsung is handling this transition in our responses to you in this forum. but you have also been doing the very best you can to respond to our questions on the new app within the constraints that you must be operating in.

so … thank you.

marked your response as the solution.

2 Likes

Don’t worry, @bangali. We are receptive to all the feedback (positive and negative) and it doesn’t affect the guidance we provide to you. You are the first in line to experience these inconsistencies, so, we appreciate your dedication as well in providing the information we request.
Thanks!

1 Like