Individually Addressable LED

Is there any way I can control individually addressable LED strips using Smartthings or webCoRE in a similar way to the Lifx Z Strip or the WLED app?

Thanks,

Rich

What controller are you going to use for your addressable LEDs? There are a lot of different options out there but most of them have their own custom REST API’s or MQTT/HA integration. Not many for ST unfortunately. There are a ton of different threads on the forum if you search for Addressable LEDs.

I use a combination of two solutions. One is McLighting for special affects. It has a HTTP REST API so it is easy to control. The other is DIYHue. It provides a solution where your strips connect to the DIYHue bridge (any machine on your network that can run python, i run it on a raspberry pi) and then the bridge looks like any other hue bridge to ST. Works very well.

3 Likes

Ryan,

Thanks for the reply. I’ve tried NodeMCU and WLED. But, that only works via WiFI and not via my Smartthings (only a V2 hub).

I’m trying to find a Zigbee controller that does something similar - and if it does, can smartthings replicate the scenes from the App etc.

I’m going to download the required items for that McLighting and give that a go though. WLED app seems very clunky and slow.

Thanks again for the reply.

Rich

I don’t know of any zigbee controllers for Digital LED strips.

Did you find a way to do this?