In-Wall Zigbee Repeater Outlets in 2020?

Perfect for controlling incandescent, halogen, and LED bulbs.
.Not designed for use with inductive loads such as motors or transformers.

https://rgbgenie.com/?product=zigbee-3-0-plus-micro-controller-and-lamp-module-single-channel-trailing-edge-dimmer

That one will not meet safety codes in most US jurisdictions for putting behind an outlet. It will be fine for a light switch. That’s true of most micros and almost all dimmer devices.

It’s not an issue in Europe, where amperage requirements are lower. But in the US, in wall outlets are generally required to support a minimum of 15 A and to be fine with a motor device like a blender or a vacuum.

3 Likes

Yes it’s just for lights, to go behind a light switch. I wouldn’t repurpose it behind an outlet, in any country.

1 Like

The topic here is in-wall Zigbee repeater outlets.

Ah, I do beg your pardon, please ignore me and I’ll just fall on my sword right now.

4 Likes

Easy mistake. Most of the time people are just asking about good Zigbee repeaters, but in this case there was a specific device class specified as well.

2 Likes

You asked, they answered. The GE branded Jasco devices were just released for sale. :sunglasses:

Enbrighten new Zigbee 3.0 devices now in stock

5 Likes

FINALLY!!! Ordering mine today.

:+1:

1 Like

Let me/us know how it goes, particularly if you have the SmartThings Hub v2 (2015). I am on v2 and it is not clear to me if Zigbee 3.0 is fully supported & compatible at this point.

Mine comes in a week, but I suspect it will since I already have Zigbee 3.0 devices running on my v2 hub.

1 Like

Zigbee 3.0 is backwards compatible, so it should work in either case. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I was hoping the in wall receptacle would include power metering :frowning:

Yeah I would like to know this as well. The specs suggest the answer is no, which means that only the Sinpoe version would have the power metering feature.

I just received and installed the Jasco Zigbee Switch. All seems to be working properly. However, when I scanned the code for the install, it came back and installed it as a Thing.

I looked for which DTH I should select and couldn’t find a Zigbee Outlet. I’ve selected a Zigbee Switch and the Smartthings Zigbee Outlet, both seem to control the device properly.

But, does anybody know which is the proper/appropriate DTH for this switch?

Artie

1 Like

Thank you.

1 Like

I have a Quirky / GE Outlink and I was using a Wink before they recently before I switched to smartthings.

I have a tankless heater attached into the outlink and I want it to turn off after 20 minutes so nobody will forget to leave it on 24/7. I was able to do this with wink but I have not been able to make smartthings to simply do the same. For some reason there is not an option under automations after reading all the instructions for making timers for switches.

I can only make smartthings to manually turn my water heater on or off.

TIA if someone can direct me for sorting this out.

You should ask your question in the section of the forum called “automation ideas“ and someone will help you there. :sunglasses:

https://community.smartthings.com/c/smartapps/automation-ideas/

It is quite easy to do once you know where to look. You want to use smart lighting, say that you want to turn the device off And then choose the “power allowance” feature.

Again, ask your question in the automation section and someone will walk you through it step-by-step.

@JDRoberts > You should ask your question in the section of the forum called “automation ideas“ and someone will help you there. :sunglasses:

https://community.smartthings.com/c/smartapps/automation-ideas/

It is quite easy to do once you know where to look. You want to use smart lighting, say that you want to turn the device off And then choose the “power allowance” feature.

Again, ask your question in the automation section and someone will walk you through it step-by-step.

Thank you very much! I was looking too deeper to set up my needs. I installed postman and thought I needed to code this automation. “Power Allowance” is still slightly hard to enable but I figured it out after messing with it. I have been able to successfully set my timer and it works perfect.

I have been attempting to do so but apparently my account does not have permissions for creating new threads, only replying on past threads. Now that I have setup my timer, I still need to connect my Apple Home Kit w/ homebridge to ST, also to use Siri.

1 Like

Talk to the folks in the following thread:

[RELEASE] Homebridge SmartThings v2.0

I solved this problem by installing a IKEA TRÅDFRI repeater in a “Solus SCO-930BK 120V Grounded Convenience Electrical Outlet w/Rain Shield for Outdoor Lamp Post and Poles” (ASIN B07XTNRM5H), along with an Apple 5W USB Power Adapter, on an outdoor lamp post. I had to rotate the electrical outlet 90 degrees in the Solus SCO-930BK but it ultimately worked. Problem solved and I can move on.

1 Like