In appreciation of ST

With awesome support from ST and quick response from this forum. I am glad I went with ST. You guys are awesome.

3 Likes

I would like to amend @juano2310 for his Philips hue integration which is working absolutely brilliant with the new app after hue zigbee channel change. My friend, couple of new v2 users are facing some issues so you if only you can go thru some resurrectition and save some more souls. Perfect for me last few days till I start whining. Fantabulous!you rock! If you can rock them all!

1 Like

Since I was somewhat critical in another post, I feel compelled to throw in my 2 cents of appreciation.

At the end of the day, SmartThings blows away any other competition out there. These are a few of my favorite things-
:ribbon:) Clarity of vision. They know what they want to do, and are constantly working towards it.
:ribbon:) Open in all the best ways. They accept user contribution and embrace extension. Outside of actual open source projects, I donā€™t think ever Iā€™ve seen this level of openness. Especially not in a commercial product.
:ribbon:) Constant improvement.
:ribbon:) Awesome support, especially with the community forums here.

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

OK love fest over :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thank for your positive feedback here. Motivation and appreciation even for the smallest deed goes a long way. We have been critical in most of the threads (watch me) :slight_smile:

We (including me) mostly complain, whine and criticize! But everybody, please do chime in with your that ā€œoneā€ incident when somebody from ST went all the way out to help you out!

While I donā€™t have an out of the ordinary story to share, I have lots of ordinary little ones. And that my friends is where ST has shined; in all the little quick things that ST helps out with on a daily basis.

In the times that Iā€™ve had to contact ST, Iā€™ve gotten nothing but awesome assistance as well as offers to go above and beyond when I just needed a nudge in the right direction. By contrast, I have a nice aftermarket carplay car radio from a big electronics company that starts with a P. My battery went dead in my car (left the lights on :confounded:) and when I jumped the car, the radio asked me for the anti-theft password. I had forgotten that when I installed it, I set the password and well, I forgot it. Contacted the manufacturer and it took them 5 days!!! 5!!! to get back to me to tell me I would have to rip the radio out and send it to them. Point is, 5 days!

So ladies and gents, while ST is delivering on the big things slowly, theyā€™ve been delivering on the little (and equally as important) things every day.

So hereā€™s a toast to ST, the awesome community, and folks like @Ben who have taken a bit of a beating but are still here helping out with the little things every day.

4 Likes

I bought smartthings hub (v1 and now v2) for myself for fun and interest. I bought a smartthings hub for my mom who is a widow to literally keep an eye on her and her large home. It reassures me that we have a water sensor in her basement (basement flooded once when sump pump died before hub was installed) and a connected smoke detector in case something is left on stove due to forgetfulness and a motion sensor to notify her 3 adult sons if she doesnā€™t get up at 7 am as she usually does. Keeping a balance of autonomy, oversight and privacy is a tricky thing for aging parents and their adult children. ST lets me keep an electronic eye on my mother without some costly and questionably effective health alarm service. The fact that someone programmed elderly routines means someone at ST (or a smart community coder) gets its potential.

2 Likes

I am here back to appreciate @juano2310 and his team for transforming the hues integration from the worst to the best as of now. Zero failures in 2 weeks from a failure every day in the past. Extremely stable. For me it is set it and forget it as of now as long As @juano2310 doesnt starts playing again and unless he can get to us local at some point I owe him thousand barrels of beer! Kudos, my friend. You must be proud. You earned it.

1 Like

Guys, please please post all your positive experiences that you had witn ST. I am sure it means a lot to them. Anybody gone out of the way, do post here with the exception of no criticism. People should report good deeds doneā€¦ For once do it here, fellows!

1 Like

The new lighting app enabled me to simplify my Routines.

Now everything worksā€¦dare I say better than it ever has!

2 Likes

After spending nearly a WEEK without a hub (hardware failure), my whole family and I thank you all for the wonderful home youā€™ve enabled us to have - once you go automated home, itā€™s REALLY hard to go back :smile:

The wife and I are of a certain age, and we agree living in a dumb home is like trying to go back to a rotary dial phone after using a touch-tone phone, even once. ā€œWhy is it dark in here? Why isnā€™t the heat on/off? Are the doors locked? Did we close that patio door downstairs?ā€ These are the questions no one asks any more at my house, and itā€™s WONDERFUL.

4 Likes

Seeing savings with my Ecobee3 knowing itā€™s integrated with ST and that Iā€™m not wasting energy while not home is nice peace of mind. It can do this on itā€™s own albeit not as quick to respond to Home / Away.

Knowing I didnā€™t leave a light on all day while at work is also nice.

Knowing my house isnā€™t burning down or has high carbon monoxide levels is great.

Knowing my doors are locked is awesomeā€¦even better Iā€™ll never lose my keys, have to worry who has a key and is it safe?..or am I locked out?..all wonderful!

I live alone and have to pinch pennies at times. Investments need to either promote better safety, show monetary savings, or improve standard of living in some way. I quantify / justify my spend in one of those 3 ways

I feel SmartThings offers the aforementioned and Iā€™ve just scratched the surface on capability. Fact is itā€™s a hobby that has proven results. Itā€™s not for everyoneā€¦but I didnā€™t start all of this for my benefit in the beginning.

This all started to make my home safer for an autistic child. SmartThings delivered then and still does now. I get frustrated at times but itā€™s all part of it.

Thank you, Chris Ā§ for helping me today with the hue integration which I had hosed up for not apparent reason while trying to add new hues! Much appreciated. I do apologize if I have the wrong Chris (P or S). Thanks again!!! It was my fault though! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am completely new to the world if ST and automation and have enjoyed my first week with my starter pack. I am all set up now. When I am away I will now know that my cat feeder man has been to the house and that all is well. When I return home in the dark the lights come on and I feel secure. I am now keen to add some other bits and pieces and if anyone in the UK has a good suggestion of what to get first please let me know. Thanks

1 Like