Image capture?

Hi I’m pretty tech savvy and I just got my smartthings hub and kit. I’m trying to set a new routine when my front door opens so that my Samsung camera takes a picture or video. It I can’t seem to do this. All devices are added and active, any help is appreciated.

Currently you can only do this as a function of SHM so that the camera takes a video clip when there is an intrusion. Is that what you’re trying to do or are you looking to have it record every time the door opens?

I wouldn’t use a routine. You can take still pictures with this app.

1 Like

I had a live chat with the smart things team they walked me through it. Good resource

I configured a custom monitoring rule, that worked. Thanks

I configured a custom monitoring rule, that worked. It records a video and sends me a text on certain selected days

1 Like

Reviving this old string. I bought a Smartthings camera to try it out. I have several Nest cameras already but get a bit nervous about the NST requirement that they be made public. Have done that with a few, just to try things out. a few questions:

1. I tried the above script with a public Nest camera, but it is not giving me the screen grab. Do I have to somehow insert the URL of the public link for the Nest camera?

2. Any way I can get the screen grab emailed to me?

3. The Nest camera shows up as an option when I run the SmartApp coded above, but it doesn’t appear as an option in SHM in either the classic app or the new app. Anything I can do to get it to show up?

As always, thanks!!