IKEA Trådfri

Has anyone had trouble re pairing the Tradfri Dimmer (The puck shaped one that is magnetic and rotates), i was having issues with it do i removed it from the app and i cant get smartthings to find it again. i have tried pulling the battery, pushing the pair button 4 times, holding the pair button for 30+ secs, etc…

Yes. I never quite note down the exact sequence, but you seem to have to re-pair all the attached lights too.

I think it’s something like:

1. Remove the dimmer and all the linked light
  2. Put SmartThings in Add mode
  3. Put lights in pairing mode, wait for SmartThings to see them
  4. Put dimmer in pairing mode, pair to the lights (flashes etc.) and wait for SmartThings to see them
  5. “Save” on SmartThings

You may need to swap 3 and 4 around and also try it multiple times.

I eventually got it working again.

I managed to connect TRÅDFRI bulb E27 WS opal 1000lm but it shows up as “Thing” so I cannot control it in anyway. Do I need to do something more to control it?

I managed to connect TRÅDFRI bulb E27 WS opal 1000lm but it shows up as “Thing” so I cannot control it in anyway. Do I need to do something more to control it?

Got it working by changing type to “ZigBee White Color Temperature Bulb”.

Can I somehow get this to light up when it gets power? Currently if I’ve shut it off from the app it won’t light up from the switch and I have to turn it on from the app everytime.

Most of, maybe all, IKEA Tradfri device is supported through the new Smartthings app. Add device, other manufacturer’s list, scroll down to IKEA and select Plug, Motion sensor or Lighting. The 5 button remote is under the Lighting category.

2 Likes

Yeah, I got one bulb working like it should. Now still have issues on two other which just won’t reset no matter how I try. Tried the on-off six times like 50 times :smiley: Think I’ll take those and run by Ikea to ask them to reset those :smiley:

i have to reset bulb,
then no power to bulb,
then try to synk to ST some time later, mayby 1 hour ore more,

@Christian_Terp have you tried this?

no. but I will

Have you paired any other IKEA Bulbs before? I’ve found it a bit tricky to pair them.

Have you used the new app or the classic to do the pairing? The new one gives you the direct instructions. You need to reset the bulb when you are trying to add a new device to Smartthings. That is how it worked for me with any IKEA device. For the bulb, what I paired, I had to move it closer to the Hub to be able to pair. It didn’t pair at the location where I wanted to use it originally. I’ve had to try 4-5 times until I was able to pair.

Yes i have about 15 of them.

Strange - for some reasons i finally got the bulb to pair to the hub even if I didn’t do anything special.
The most stubborn bulb I ever have seen

If you use them already, then don’t worry about the repeater issue. You probably have a decent mesh network already with plenty repeaters. Non battery powered units, like your bulbs, are function as repeaters too.

1 Like

Has the 5 button remote been removed? I can’t find it under any IKEA lighting choices. I’m on android. All it gives me the choice to add is IKEA, IKEA led panels and ikea tradfri driver for wireless control.

It is the IKEA Tradfri Wireless driver as I remember.

Thanks. I’ll give it a try using that.

Go along the steps in the SmartThings app, and reset the button when it is telling that you need to pair. (The 4 press of the button next to the battery.)
If it doesn’t find it, then try again to reset. It takes some time, wait a few minutes first.

Got the Ikea Tradfi 5 button remote. Pairing it with ST was no much of a problem, getting more than just battery status is. Pushing any of the buttons is not doing any thing. Not even a record of it in the logs. Tried both the (good) old and the new app.

Looking for some fresh ideas. Any thoughts on what could be the problem?

And what the battery status says?

Have you paired it by resetting the remote?

Thanks for your reply!
Tried paring any many different forms (deleting, adding, re-adding). Did the four click, battery remove option and 10 second hold for pairing. All im getting in the app is the battery status with a %. It only sends the data at the moment of pairing. After it goes silent.

from the log but not in the app:
9:49:53 PM: debug Creating event: [value:87, name:battery, descriptionText:IKEA TRÅDFRI Remote battery was 87%]
9:49:53 PM: debug Parsing message from device: ‘read attr - raw: 4A070100010821002057, dni: 4A07, endpoint: 01, cluster: 0001, size: 08, attrId: 0021, encoding: 20, value: 57’