Ikea Tradfri Wireless Driver

By the way, I came across a thread saying that people have trouble pairing when the smartthings zigbee band is set to 24. That’s how mine is set. I am working on changing the band.

Yes, you need to reset to initiate the pairing on the bulb and it must flash to show that is ready to pair. With bulbs you shouldn’t have any issue with channel 24 and if you just bought the bulb it should be on the latest Zigbee 3.0 firmware.

Typically not, but it’s not impossible that they were connected to a testing network at the factory and the reset there failed. It never hurts to reset them to be sure.

Are there any tricks to the 6-cycle reset thing? Is the “flash” juSt a momentary dimming, like when I pair with the steering device?

Yeah. Done that many times with each of 4 bulbs. Smartthings app does not even start to search, just goes back to previous screen.

I read somewhere that the smartthings hub Needs to be within 2 inches of the bulb for setup. That seems rather preposterous, but is it true?

A controller has to be in 2 inches if the controller is doing TouchLink pairing, but as far as I know SmartThings doesn’t.

Try to move the bulb to another location. Look around for any 2.4 Ghz interference, like USB3.0 cables or devices, Wifi router, etc. Move the Hub away from those.

Thanks I have tried moving everything around, including to the center of the room. There is no sign that the hub ever searches for a. Bulb at all. I click START, and it immediately goes back to the previous screen.
I think I’m giving up on the Ikea bulbs and sticking with Hue.

So you never get prompted for the Hub and Room either? That is the first thing it asks for. The hub doesn’t even start searching until you’ve got past that screen. It sounds to me like your app isn’t a very happy bunny. You can’t point the finger at the bulbs for not being visible when the hub isn’t looking.

I guess Android, but the iPhone would do the same. Make sure that the App has all the required permissions. If it has just uninstall it and add the app again. Make sure to restart the phone, some causes issues when not restarted after an update. Check again the permissions, allow all otherwise it will not work well. You press + in the new app and select Device and select scan on the top right, that will start the search for any device. Then do the reset and it will pair the bulb. The Hub LED should turn to flashing green as I remember that indicates it is in pairing/inclusion mode.

Thanks. All of this is very weird. I have had no problem pairing with other Zigbee devices.

do you have any custom ikea or ZLL device handlers installed?