Ikea Tradfri Remote Control

Sorry for the confusion. While testing the last 5 hours, I have learned a few things using these methods in this order:

1. Remote non working w/ ST app - Went straight to adding IKEA bulb and remote into ST ecosystem. Tried both new and old app, Android and iPhone by Add>Device>IKEA>Remote/button>Ikea button (also tried supported device>Remote Control 5 Button)>followed on screen instructions holding pair 4 seconds etc. Bulb worked and the remote had 5 button options in app but nothing functioned when programmed :angry:

2. Stand-alone products only - Went back to the drawing board and should have tried this from the start. The bulb and the remote works as IKEA intended straight out of the box when paired with each other :grinning: Not sure if the ST hub had anything to do with it as I just factory reset the IKEA products and paired them with each other directly. This method was not registering the two products with the ST app or google home. I am afraid the default functionality will be erased when I pair the app to control nonIKEA lights which was the main reason I got the remote in the first place :unamused:

3. Device Handler - I managed to solve the nonworking issue (5 button remote functioning with ST) with the instructions listed on this reddit post namely Rich Mercer’s 5-button Remote device handler (minus step 8). Capabilities were limited as I was still hoping for the remote to function as IKEA intended, such as dim press up/down buttons as well as hold for seamless scaling. I then read this:

Im trying to get through version B as @GSzabados mentioned by using ABC but keep getting the error message this guy was getting:

Is it because Im using the new app instead of the old @Paul_Sheldon? Both the Manager (published) and Child Creator (unpublished) are installed.

Sorry for the long post. I got excited with this home automation business during shelter in place haha. I appreciate how helpful this everyone is here!