Ikea Styrbar Remote

Could this be used to increase/decrease set lights certain percentages? Basicly use it as a dimmer?

Not directly, I think you could use something like ABC to simulate a dimmer.

You can increase and decrease light and temperature level with most Zigbee Lights using @Mariano_Colmenarejo driver. I am using it without any issue with Hue Dimmer, Zooz Scene Controller and ecosmart remotes.
Just a screenshot from one button

This is what other functions his driver adds, besides standard.

And on this screenshot you see light increase 10% and temperature increase 150K

what about other lights, i have wifi lights in my home. (so not zigbee, and not directly connected to my v3 hub)

Can we increase/decrease brightness with this?

Thinking about making virtual switches to achieve this. if virtual switch 1 is on and button down is pressed, then virtual switch 1 goes off and 2 goes on. And then attach brightness levels to those virtual switches.

But this is a lot of work and requires a lot of automations in the list. Rather have it more simple.

Currently his drivers support zigbee only.

i’m wondering if my styrbar is defective. i added the driver fine, the same way i added a other edge device recently and works.
But the styrbar does not show any signs of life. tried replacing the batteries without luck either. Does it have supposed to have a small LED in it? There is nothing that indicates its working on this remote.
Tried clicking the pair button and holding it longer then 10 seconds, no luck.

Have you been able to pair the device?

You press the pair button i think 4 times, to get it into pairing mode and the led will come on while it is pairing (the led is on the top of the device)

You have to press the button 4 times faster than you imagine, otherwise it doesn’t go into pairing mode (you need to be quite close to your hub)

thanks, that was a easy fix :smiley:

The manual said to pair i need to hold the pair button for 10 seconds, so i tried that a few times.

1 Like

The 10 second pair is for pairing directly to an ikea bulb (touchlink pair)

weirdly enough, the remote worked amazing the first few minutes of use, but less then an hour later, it now takes over 30 seconds to execute a command. it works, it just takes ages to execute. Will edit/respond here if it is fixed later by itself.

seems to have fixed itself overnight.

Really strange, no idea what that could be

Hi Imullineux,

I’m rather new to this :sweat_smile: but I’ve been lurking for some time now.

I have situation:
Installed your driver, connected styrbar to ST and I’m not sure what to do next, but I’m pretty sure it is not using your driver.

Is this your driver?
I’m asking this because when I check it in IDE it says “cloud”, so I don’t think it is using your or any edge driver.

Thank you for help

I think that is my driver ( I’ve no way to check at the moment, but it certainly looks like it and that is my developer id)

The ide will display cloud, you would need to ask Samsung why but it’s something to do with the ide being legacy and not for the new edge devices that always run local.

Ok, tnx.
I mean everything works fine (except battery info, but I read in this topic to be patient :grin: ), I was just wondering am I doing something wrong if it says cloud.

Thank you

No that’s completely normal, if you create an automation between this and another local device i.e a local bulb you will notice it gets the little house symbol with a tick to show it runs local

Yes, houses and ticks are all there. Thank you.

1 Like

Now I tested how I set it up, and it seems it doesn’t work as I expected.
I set automations when pressed, toggle on/off, and when held, upper button set lights to 100%, right button to 75, bottom to 50 and left to 25%.
Top, botom and left one work as expected, but right one doesn’t.

I did test several times, and on several solid surfaces, held with magnets and in hand, but every time I get same result, like when I hold right button, it somehow press left one (that happens with lights and it shows like that in app, but it doesn’t do that physically)

Here is what happens when I only hold right button:

ezgif-3-0523b71b7c

Maybe I did something wrong in setting up automations but I doubt I can even set automation that holding one button would trigger pressing other button…

Thank you

Funnily enough I’ve just set up a Styrbar with this driver and am seeing the same thing when you have hold and pressed options on the buttons configured.