Action Tiles with changes to Groovy?

Just curious if any one knows the fate of Action Tiles, as SmartThings removes the Groovy integration? Will it still be around and supported?

Tagging @625alex

2 Likes

I’d like to second this question.

1 Like

We have been working with SmartThings on the transition. Some current ActionTiles features are already implemented using the new APIs. However, not all APIs are ready for production, yet. We hope for the smoothest transition when the time comes. At the moment there’s no firm date on cutting over.

10 Likes

Beautiful, glad to hear you are working together on the transition. Gives me hope and I will continue to work on my various Dashboards. Cheers!

Hi ActionTiles,
Given that SmartThings have announced an EOL date of 30th September how is the transition going for Actiontiles ?

1 Like

I just posted the same on actiontiles forum.

Actiontiles have confirmed they plan to use the new API when released in Sept. So it should continue to work

The mixed messaging in that thread makes me uneasy. The APIs are already available and have been for a while.

It concerns me that there’s nothing even in beta and they’re being really vague about the details. Sounds like they didn’t have a plan for this and by the sounds of it, still don’t. :frowning:

I’ve always found them fine when dealing with them and they have nothing to gain by saying they plan to have it ready by end Sept.

I don’t have any particular insight, but the gist of that thread is entirely consistent with what Alex has been saying for the last three years.

He didn’t say that though. He said groovy shuts down on September 30th and they’re working on it. He also said that it’s a short period of time to get things ready… but that they’ve been working on it since 2019. :face_with_spiral_eyes:

It seems like he was surprised by the groovy shutdown announcement. I hope they have it ready in time too, but don’t want my smart home breaking unexpectedly.

The details and discussion is available here:

The APIs were available for a while. They have always been, and still are in “preview” mode.

Yes, the decision to shut down Groovy on short notice caught me off guard, but we are working to offer a migration within the next couple of weeks.

1 Like

Thanks for the insight. It’s still not clear to me what’s missing or what’s wrong with the APIs? The SmartThings team acts like they’re fully available now?