IDE Live Logger Broken

@jeffblaisdell @Dianoga

The IDE Live logging is missing log events! The SmartApp is sending debug messages but not all of them show up on the screen. This is a serious issue.

1 Like

I have reported this issue soooo many times as well. My tickets get closed on this issue with nothing getting done. Smart Things folks don’t seem to care.

2 Likes

I’m sure you can put this in perspective…

Live Logging only affects “Developers” (“20,000” folks?, :grin:)… But not average Consumers who are facing much worse problems.

1 Like

True, but another way to look at it. If dev’s get (too) frustrated they stop/reduce developing… users look to dev’s for support on this forum

1 Like

200,000 users / Customers?

1 Like

errrr… not bust your point but am trying to build a case to have ST fix some this stuff :smiley:

1 Like

@jeffblaisdell @Dianoga the IDE is in bad shape, it’s dropping a lot of messages randomly, I need to keep running my functions over and over again just hoping once it would print the debug statement so I can see what’s going on.

Any help here?

2 Likes

Guys the Live Logging is broken, nothing’s showing up. Something happened today? @slagle @jeffblaisdell

Is anyone else still seeing this?

I’ve been trying to do some updates to my SmartApps and have been banging my head on the wall because based on logs my code wasn’t getting where it needed to go… That is until I finally realized that I am randomly getting my Trace/Debug logs. It gives some, misses others and it’s random it seems.