Hue tap integration with smart things?

Is there a way to use a hue tap with smart things?

I have a few of them still in their packages because most of my rooms are a mix of hue and non hue bulbs.

I see a lot of historic posts about smart apps and device handlers but nothing past 2017.

It doesn’t work directly. Remember that it’s not using Zigbee light link or zigbee 3.0. Since it’s a batteryfree device, it’s using the zigbee green power profile, which smartthings does not support.

There is one method which may be able to work with it if you have it connected to a hue bridge, but people report different results trying that.

[BETA] Hue Accessories and rooms using Hue Bridge (TAP, Motion Sensor, Dimmer Switch)

If you have an iPad or Apple TV 4 you can use the Tap via the bridge with Apple’s Homekit, which gives you a lot more options. But to then integrate that with SmartThings gets pretty complicated. If you’re interested, I can give you more details, but it’s not what most people are looking for in an integration because there’s so much setup work required.

I have both a hue bridge and an iPad, however my iPad is often dead in a drawer and my non hue lights aren’t compatible with HomeKit so it’s not an ideal solution.

I’ll try what you’ve got in the link there!

I’m having some trouble here, I got the sensor /connect app you linked installed as well as the tap device handler.
I configured it with my hub username from ide but I can’t figure out how to get the tap connected to it.

If I click on the hue sensor SmartApp from within smart things marketplace it spins the loading circle and never does anything. If I try to go into the sensor app under automation, it does nothing.

Any idea what I did wrong?

ETA: seems a lot of people are having the same issue with that SmartApp as of late.

I don’t use that integration myself, so I can’t help. The best thing just is to ask your questions in that thread. That way people who are using it should be able to respond. Good luck!