Hue bulbs not controllable because of bad bridge ID

I noticed the same thing after support deleted Hue connect and I reinstalled it. I now have 2 Hue hubs , both with all the same details. I hadn’t tried deleting one of them. Maybe ( :question: ) that is why I don’t have permission to edit some of my smartlighting routines.

So it’s still working, but it’s now showing my Hue Bridge as offline again in the SmartThings app.

@whoismoses It sounds like it’s related but interestingly I found this occurred before the Hub update my hub updated around 9pm my zigbee sensors dropped at 6pm.

1 Like

@sether01 You can remove it via the ide but if you use Hue connect again it will come back and sit there doing nothing.

That’s good to know, thanks. I just moved it to a room I have named Virtual Switches, so it’s at the bottom and I never see it :smiley:

But just remember hue connect does not work anymore as it can’t find the right bridge. so adding lights is going to be a problem.

Hmmm, that might actually be a problem. I don’t plan on adding any more new lights for some time but will in the future since I’m remodeling my kitchen and plan on getting some more Lightstrips. Is the only way to get it working contacting support, having them delete everything and starting over?
Like to me it’s either something on Philip’s end or Samsung’s, for whatever reason the hubs are having issues communicating amongst each other, I’m sure they will get it worked out.

That I’m not sure about…but I’ll be in touch with support later when they wake up as I have an open ticket on these Hue issues.

The key thing at the moment is not to let them break what is currently working.

1 Like

Agreed! I do wonder though, there was a Hue security update a week or two ago if that has anything to do with all the new issues.

1 Like

Does anyone know what happens if you change your hue bridge? can you keep the same lights or is it a full rebuild?

I did it recently. very painful as all of the lights will disappear and any rules or smartapps which reference them die. I had the foresight of saving some of the rules from being destroyed by adding some non hue lights into some of them but all of the ones I didn’t needed deleting.

Thanks for that you just moved that option to “last resort”

I don’t know the exact time they stopped working as I was at work, but I believe the update happens while I was at work and I noticed the sensors not working around 6PM EST when I got home.

When I changed from the gen one bridge to the gen two I didn’t lose anything at all.

Did you have static IP and used the same one when you made the switch?

Honestly, I don’t know. I followed the directions in the hue app. I clicked on change hub and did what it said.

I then went into the ST so and ran the hue connect. It found the new hub and all of the lights.

I had two hue bridge in my account at that point. I figured out which one was the old one and removed it.

All automations remained intact, all lights were still there.

It was completely painless.

1 Like

Good way to become the most despised person in the forum. Let it slip out that something actually worked as expected.

5 Likes

This is tooooo funny…I was just trying to PM you to ask about your Almond experience…

Sorry… I’ll get a snickers in the mail to everyone asap… Lol.

1 Like

Hi all, we just deployed a fix to correct incorrect Hue mac addresses / DNI. Please let me know if it helped any of you! Thanks.

2 Likes