Hub V2 - Hot Fix - 09/15/16 (15.8)

3 dimmers and 16 bulbs here… although my problems didn’t start until I incorporated a camera into my setup and added automation through it… (frozen twice, once yesterday once today…)

You’d hope that the test rigs that smartthings use for pre production testing exceed our modest numbers! As other threads have shown there’s a strange reluctance to include users in segregated UAT shards for feedback as they prefer lab based testing instead.
I like many of this community work in technology and there’s no way we’d release any changes into production without a piloting in a UAT area post our functional tests in a lab.

Looking on the bright side, it’s great that smartthings support are actively looking at fixing issues (almost as quickly as they’re introduced!) :sweat_smile:

I’ve got about 14 bulbs, and 4 light-strips. Absolutely no changes in configuration recently (many months), and no changes on the network. All lights work fine through the Hue app…which I had to upgrade along with the firmware in the Hue hub when I first tried to test because I simply never use the Hue app…but even after the firmware upgrade, the SmartThings hub still isn’t consistently controlling the lights.

I have found that some of the Hue lights will work, either from a Z-Wave switch (that’s just sending a signal to SmartThings), or via Alexa. But, the lights that we use the most seem mostly inoperable.

1 Like

For me the most infuriating aspect of Samsung is that everything is working fine and then changes are made that renders the system inoperative or slow. I love my Hue lights and lightstrips they have just worked for years no issues a change in hub was simple and fully migrated everything. I have 55 lights +4 taps so close to the 62 hub limit. I also love how Samsung can open my garage doors when my car arrives and turn on lights when motion is detected at nighttime when I want to raid the fridge. I love how Samsung connects with my Echoes which work so much better than Siri with Hue. Yet lets not forget the change in hubs to the Samsung hub was a nightmare requiring weeks of work to get back settings and losing the dashboard that I used daily.

I have been down for 3 weeks and this leads me to believe that Samsung has a very different way of handling customer issues. I didn’t go with home security due to concerns about reliability, the migrations failed promises, the dashboard. Maybe the new app and the new firmware will blow me away and I can write back that everything just works again.

1 Like

I do not see much of Samsung in Smartthings.

Yup, and very little SMART as well if the anecdotal evidence, including my own, is to be believed. But hey, don’t forget those that have 120% [sic] uptime & steadfastly, to the point of oblivion, believe in cloud reliability.

J

3 Likes

I get the clear sense that the Hue issues are building, over the past couple of weeks different apps started failing to the point where I get no response from any Hue light on ST (I have 18 in my system). Very similar to some of the earlier descriptions here.

I’m working with Support on it but my list of Hue issues is growing rather than shrinking. My hope is that the update tonight will fix this. If not it looks like I’ll have to do a rebuild with 60+ Smartapps to rework. Assuming I can remove the current devices (Hub is proving very sticky on this). Does anyone know whether there is a thread on the current Hue problems as I haven’t find one in Search it is just showing up in multiple other threads.

FYI:

Firmware update rolling out now over the next couple of hours.

3 Likes

Thanks for the update.

2 Likes

My Hue hub is also showing offline and I’m crossing my fingers this firmware updates fixes it. If not add me to the list of those having the problem!

This is out the scope of this fix. This probably has more to do with the IP of your Hue hub changing. Support can help with this though! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Are there additional notes coming? Just cannot see jumping from 3 to 8 only for a hue fix… :smirk:

2 Likes

5 attempts to fix the bug?

2 Likes

I asked the same question :slight_smile:

No additional release notes.

In the UK and my Hub just updated and everything is still working.
Wouldn’t expect anything else.

Same here, updated and all looks good. Hope it fixes the hue bridge congestion.

Fair enough…

1 Like

Updated and working good so far.

1 Like

Well what do you know…My hub is updated and is alive…

2 Likes

After my hub updated, my Sonos keeps dropping out.

Anyone else see this or is this coincidence?