Hub V2 - Hot Fix - 09/15/16 (15.8)

The surgery was a total success. We removed your right leg. But doctor, the left leg had the problem!

4 Likes

More like I had a toothache ,so they cut off my head

2 Likes

Looks like my intermittent loss of control of hue via smartthings is not fixed by this hotfix. Just had half of my lights refuse to obey commands with 'turning off" and “turning on” states. Rebooted everything with no improvement.

1 Like

It didn’t fix the " you are not authorized to perform this " when trying to put hues back into ( not so ) SmartLighting automations either.

Are those non Hue bulbs by any chance? Check to see the Hue app if they are showing as ‘unresponsive’.

56 posts were merged into an existing topic: Hue bulbs not controllable because of bad bridge ID

Sorry, I misunderstood…

I don’t know it for a fact, but my system seems very fast tonight! Maybe just needed a good reboot or maybe the update did it. But is moving faster.

2 Likes

Mobile presence has worked 99% of the time for me and my wife.

Since the 15th mine stopped working. I assure you I have left my house. Looks like my wife’s stopped working yesterday around 2pm.

Were any changes made that could have effected it?
I don’t recall when the new mobile app was release maybe that’s the issue?

I’ve tried the usual. Reboot and clear app data as well as a few other things to reset my phone. No dice.

Anyone have the same issue or is it just a coincidence?

Note 7 (non explosive)
iPhone 6s (iOS 9)

1 Like

My issues so far…

1. Many of my ST branded Zigbee devices stopped working and needed to be reset.
  2. Samsung Robot Vacuum integration no longer works.
  3. Cannot add a mode in the app.
  4. Mobile presence has been flakey.
  5. I get logged out a bunch of times a day.

Anyone from ST going to actually comment on any of the issues other than the Hue integration? WTF is going on? I know most of you defended ST in my Dear ST Staff post, but this is another example about why I posted it. They have no idea what they are doing.

And neither are you, sorry. Your issues may as well be related to your zigbee mesh, your ISP, your other wifi devices. Before pointing fingers at an army of engineers what concrete evidence do you have that it’s their fault (except for item #3)

The Samsung vacuum (actually, all Samsung smart home devices, not just the vacuum) and the logging in and out have been reported by multiple community members since the recent update and smartthings staff have specifically said they’re looking into the logging out issue. Also some presence issues reported, although that may have to do with the logout issue.

https://community.smartthings.com/t/android-v2-2-0-issues/57593/17

1 Like

The samsung smart home issue has been reported by others. It is them, not me. #2
I didn’t modify the mobile app, so that is them also. #3, 4, 5 (others have reported all these issues)

As for zigbee others have also reported this the day of the upgrade.

It’s clear by all of the issues they have some leadership issues that they do not know how to manage a platform of this complexity.

I have seen a few people mention this.
I’m assuming you mean:-
Automations → Routines.
Then press the ‘+’ and add a routine.
Just wondering as I can add one OK.
Is it app related?
I’m using an Andriod running Version 2.2.0. Build Number 207522.
I’m in UK on the EU shard. Not sure if this makes a difference.

1 Like

No, they are referring to adding a “mode.” Like “home,” or “night,” not a routine. In fact, routines are often filtered by mode so that a particular routine will only run when the mode is “away” or “night.” So routines and modes are used together, but they are two different things.

https://support.smartthings.com/hc/en-gb/articles/200962880-How-do-Modes-work-

You used to be able to add modes in the mobile app on the location screen. Now you have to go into the IDE to do it.

1 Like

Which I don’t really mind, but the mass market users they are targeting will have no idea.

1 Like

Ahhhhh. Got ya.
In that case, neither can I. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Mine too. It tells me I’m home 10 min after I get home. Defeats the purpose of opening garage door upon arrival. Before the update phone was rock solid the other presence devices not so much.

All of my ST contact (3) and a motion sensor (1) have become stuck over the weekend after working great for the the last few months and the arrival sensors also going crazy.
I had no issues before this “Hot Fix” now I have delays with hue lights but not with the turning on of the bulbs themselves thats fine CoRE will turn a light on but smartthings won’t register that it’s on or there is a delay so any if bulb is on in CoRE becomes useless.

We have another ST branded zigbee device report…

and another one…