Hub Firmware Release Notes - 27.6

If ALL your Zigbee devices are 2 bulbs and 2 sensors, you could sneeze around a device and blow your devicess off your mesh. Most likely it’s a coincidence that they went offline after the update. Have you added any new Wi-Fi devices to your network? If one bulb went bad it can take the other devices offline.

2 Likes

I’d highly recommend what @ogiewon said too. I’ve got 240 Zigbee devices in my ST environment, and so far this firmware release hasn’t impacted me. I also totally agree with his Cree bulb suggestion. I’ve been there, done that too.

3 Likes

I was able to fix the problem by changing hubs ip address and then changing it back.

I have a lot of wemo devices in my house (light switches and plugs) and most of them failed to work within smartthings recently. I rebooted the hub and router multple times and nothing helped. The WEMO devices have been actuated many times (that’s the only way to make them to work LOL, and they still not working. It took me a long time to search before finding this thread. What do I have to do to make things working again like before?

@Gergor: I forced a disconnect/reconnect to your hub, which should get your Wemo devices working again. Let me know if you continue to have issues.

1 Like

Hi, thank you for the quick reply.

Do you mean physically disconnecting the reconnecting the network cable between the hub and router? If so, I’ll do that first thing I get home tonight. Thanks.

@BarryA said he already ran a disconnect for you and that you should good to go now. If not, you can do what’s been suggested previously, i.e., send a disconnect command on your own from the Hub utilities page in the IDE.

Opps, sorry I misread. I just tried remotely several of the switches that hadn’t been working before, and they’re responding correctly with button press within the ST app.
Thanks so much for the help!!

That’s good news!

Same issue here!
Fibaro dimer 2 not working with ST3

Pulling the cable did not work. Plugging the ST Hub (v2) into an old Internet router (not connected) waitig for the solid blue status and then plugging the hub back into the connected router worked for me. Previously I was only getting the blinking blue LED not solid when just disconnecting the cable. When I used Glenmm’s 2nd router trick that worked. Thanks glenmm!!

Nothing of the above suggestions seems to work for my fibaro dimmers. I have status feedback from them, but no control. I have an aeotec garage door controller and a Fibaro wall plug that still works. All zigbee sensors are still working.

As few other people reported here, lot of my Zigbee devices are being reported offline. They start working after re-pairing but again drop after few mins. Tried this few times and same result. This is mainly happening with Lowes’s branded Zigbee/Zwave outlets that I use mainly as repeaters all over the house. These are the ones consistently going offline. I tried resetting Zigbee mesh by power cycling the hub, other few ZigBee devices came back but never the Lowe’s outlets. I am guessing those are the ones causing main problem and others are just side affects of mesh disruption. I created Support ticket 789658. Please help !

Same for me

It worked for a few days and now all my wemo are again not responding ST. I tried disconnect using the utility and it didn’t work!

I’m also having an issue with Fibaro dimmers V2, I have 6 existing dimmers which still work fine,
I was trying to include 2 new dimmers yesterday, without success …
They don’t seem to pair securely “zw:Ls”, and thus are not working/responding.

Previous additions of Fibaro Dimmers worked without any problems.

Does this problem also affect UPNP discovery? I am trying to connect AD2PI and SmartThings app not discovering AlarmDecoder device on raspberry pi

Hi all:

A hub firmware update (0.27.8) addressing the issues related to receiving LAN traffic on port 39500 and Fibaro Z-wave devices will be going out to beta users tomorrow, Sept 4th. You can view the release notes here: https://community.smartthings.com/t/hub-firmware-beta-0-27-8

If you are not currently in the beta but would like to participate and receive the update tomorrow, you can Sign Up Here.

General release for this update is targeted for next week.

Barry

7 Likes

@BarryA - does this update fixes the issues related to ZigBee as well that many of us are having. I have been talking to support bu no fix yet. Please see my comments above and suggest how can I get the ZigBee devices work properly

Hi Kianoosh,

Any update on the new release. Since the latest release I have also had the problem with Smartthings receiving info through the bridge.
Thanks,
rdelgado