Hub Firmware Release Notes - 27.6

I pulled logs from your hub and didn’t see any attempts of your Wemo switch posting status to 39500. Can actuate the Wemo device from either the Wemo app or the physical button on the switch itself? That should get events hitting 39500 and hopefully an updated status in the SmartThings app.

Ok Barry that worked - I assume you requested that I actuate the Wemo device (plug). I did that and it didnt work at first - then I removed the device and then added it again. I saw the ST determining device status - I then turned on the Wemo plug with the Wemo app and the ST application correctly updated -

@BarryA, @BroderickCarlin

I was able to perform the workaround listed above and now ST_Anything is able to send data to SmartThings once again on port 39500. Thank you for the temporary solution. I like forward to the permanent solution in the future.

1 Like

FYI @BarryA, ever since I got this update I’ve stopped receiving the constant “Master Bedroom Fan [80]: Not responding” hub event log that I was getting with 27.5, and that I submitted a Centercode bug report for. This is a really good thing, so let’s hope this is permanent.

2 Likes

EDIT: I figured something out to get it to work. I temporarily plugged the hub into another router that got it a different local IP address, then I unplugged it and put it back to the original router and IP. This seems to have forced the TCP stack in the hub to reset

PREVIOUSLY: Barry can you check my hub. I did this procedure twice (30, then 60 seconds), and still no go. I’m using Dan’s ESP32Wifi ST_Anything. I also only saw a blinking blue LED, never solid.

I also tried clearing the cache, re-saving the device definition and driver in the IDE, cleared cache in the app, saved the settings in the ST_Anything app – no dice.

Thanks in advance.

3 Likes

I’m also affected with my ST_Anything ESP 8266 devices. The 30s unplug workaround was successful for all my devices. Please fix this, thanks.

I tried the 30 second unplug workaround and it’s still not working. Any other advice?

Trevor - I forced a cloud disconnect/reconnect to your hub. It looks like LAN traffic to 39500 should be handled appropriately now. Send me a DM if you’re still experiencing issues and we can dig deeper.

The 30s unplug trick didn’t work for me either. I got everything working again by assigning the hub a new static IP in my router, rebooting the hub, then assigning the original static IP to the hub and rebooting the hub again.

Thanks Barry, It looks like everything is working again. I appreciate your help.

1 Like

Same here. No updates from my Arduino since yesterday. No email telling me the hub was updated. No push notification on my phone that it was updated. The hub is in another state. My sister went to the house there and disconnected the hub from the router for 30s. Still not updating. I don’t know how new releases are tested but seems like an opportunity to improve that process.

1 Like

Your frustration is understandable and the feedback and negative experiences will be

On the positive side, your devices should be working again. Please DM me if they are not.

1 Like

My issues persist. I can control my WeMo switches but the SmartThings app does not report the correct status. And my WeMo motion sensors are still not reporting any motion events to SmartThings (but work fine with the WeMo app) and are therefore not triggering any of my automations.

Ugh! Suddenly my Home Assistant MQTT SmartThings Bridge (GitHub - stjohnjohnson/smartthings-mqtt-bridge: Bridge between SmartThings and MQTT) stopped working. Updates from SmartThings devices work, but commands from Home Assistant are ignored.

Turns out that the MQTT SmartThings Bridge sends unsolicited messages to SmartThings hub with sender’s MAC address as credential. This worked fine until the latest firmware update. This jives with the problem seen in this thread.

Here’s the MQTT SmartThings bridge’s error log to save someone from wasting as much time as I did tracking down the cause of the problem: SmartThings hub firmware 000.027.00006.

info: Skipping duplicate message from: smartthings/Kitchen Lights A/switch/cmd = on
error: Error from SmartThings Hub: Error: socket hang up
error: {
“code”: “ECONNRESET”
}

Tried reboot and power cycle of SmartThings hub, no go.

Not cool, SmartThings!

2 Likes

My hub is getting Arduino changes again. A little after 10pm EST my hub went offline and online again and things started working.

2 Likes

I tried to pair Fibaro dimmer 2 today. It pairs in but When i try to turn on or dim in the app it says “server or network problem”. Tried pairing several Fibaro dimmers and got the same problem. Never had any issues before with these dimmers.

Is this related to the firmware release?

Hi Brad, I have the exact same issues as several others (with fibaro dimmer 2) when installing at a friends apartment. They pair in but is not possible to use in the app at all.

Hello!

Can you please do the same thing on my hub I am experiencing the same problem. I have about 10 fibaro dimmmers not reponding. The problems statred yesterday morning. HAve done the hotfix you sugested earlyer but with no succes

@BarryA
@Brad_ST

Yes, I’m not the only one with Fibaro Dimmer 2 issues, I thought it was too much of a coincidence that the moment this firmware was released, immediately all of my Fibaro Dimmer 2’s stopped working. Z-Wave repairs complete without issues. Rebooted hub and router. Still waiting for support to get back to me.
It’s a shame we can’t roll back the firmware until this is fixed, I’ve lost control of all the lights at home.
@BarryA
@Brad_ST

3 Likes

I’m having the same issue with LAN traffic on port 39500. Both bridge’s I have (Home Assistant and OmniLink) aren’t able to push notifications to /notify on both of my hubs since the firmware update. This is a major issue for me.