Hub Firmware Release Notes - 27.6

Have you sent an email to support@smartthings.com?

I used the contact part of the app “report a problem” and “ask a question” as I was previously instructed by some one at support as I was told because I am in Australia I could not use that email address ?

I was able to find the one support issue from June in our system, it does look like they redirected you to Australian support. And you haven’t had any luck with them?

Tagging @Brad_ST

1 Like

It’s a mixed bag, some things appear to be crawling today, commands are taking minutes to execute, others are showing only one way communication while some are quite responsive. Try rebooting your hub and doing a Z-Wave repair.

1 Like

Looks like they just released 27.8 so hopefully we’ll see some release notes soon.

The first post was updated with a brief description of 0.27.8, detailed release notes can be found on the beta page here --> Hub Firmware Beta 0.27.8

1 Like

Please start a new thread for the new release. That’s what’s always been done in the past, and if you don’t, everybody’s going to get super confused about what’s in each release. Also it would be good if you would restore the first post in this thread to the original, again to keep people from getting confused. Thanks! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

No I have not received a response to any of my issues that I raised through the app I was advised to do. I did last night send an email to the support address that you gave, I received a response asking me to clear my cache (request #792505). I’ll try this and see how I go. Thanks for responding.

Well that didn’t t last long I just tried clearing the cache got home went to disarm and the same thing happened again the app would not load I ended up having to trigger the alarm and wait for it to load before I could disarm I think there is more going on here than my phone. Also all my rooms and scenes were randomly reshuffled again. Any suggestions?

This has been a problem since the app was redesigned with Samsung One style several months ago.

Thanks for the feedback I’m glad in a way to hear that I am not the only one that is experiencing this, perhaps people from Samsung watching this thread can help resolve this problem?

This forum was set up a number of years ago for customers to help other customers with Home Automation questions about the SmartThings platform. It is not an official support channel, and Samsung employees do not officially read the posts here. From time to time some employees stop in, but you can’t depend on that.

So to get assistance you have to go through the official channels, and I understand that that hasn’t been working for you. (I’m just another customer, too, so there’s isn’t anything I can do about it.)

Right now your best bet is to get help from the US employees who have already been talking to you in this thread, hopefully they’ll be able to find a way for you to get in touch with support for Australia.

2 Likes

I now have the 27.8 firmware. The fibaro dimmer 2 response is the same. Possible to include them, but does not respond. Anything else that needs to be done?

Jody,

I have an ongoing issue, a reported bug to @posborne, it is related to an image received from a LAN connected camera, which knocks out the Hub and crashes it. I have reported the issue back to support too as I remember, but since that the Hub keeps crashing. Sometimes it is able to handle the image, sometimes it is able to handle it after the first try’s hub crash. But most of the time it is just crashing the Hub. The DH was written by @RBoy, but it has nothing to do with it, as the image doesn’t even reaches the DH, it is crashing the Hub before.
At each firmware update for the past year or so I am hoping that this issue would be resolved, but I haven’t received any update regarding it.

What should I do? Should I contact the support email address, where James might would tell me that because I use a custom written DH, then the issue is not supported? (As I have received some answer like this before.)

I am here not to complain, but the issue is quite annoying, as I would like to use the cameras to confirm that my garage door and gate are closed properly, but I cannot, because it is (most of the time) just crashing the Hub.
A few days ago, when I tried to use the new Smartthings app, it has showed the Hub disconnected, but meanwhile I was able to control anything, but add any new device. Every control was working in the classic app, and the Hub was shown online.
To resolve the new Smartthings app, I had to crash the Hub by trying to take an image. So, it is not a fine combination at all, that the previous crashes showing up the Hub as disconnected in the new app. And another crash required to resolve the disconnected state.

I would really appreciate any feedback.

Tagging a few more people @Brad_ST @Bryce_Geiser

The issue was reported back at Hub firmware version 000.021.00012.

Can you try excluding and re-including it and report if that fixes the issue?

I had deleted them from the web interface after the last issues. Added them with the new FW and had the same issues. Did then a normal exclude and added them again. Now they are working fine!

I honestly don’t understand this. I’ve wrote my post here about 36 hours ago. Just about 18 hours later the hub started to do not crash on the image capture and worked well for 6, 8 or maybe 12 hours. Now at the moment it is crashing again at every try. I cannot believe that something works for a period, then it is not working again just randomly. (Mostly not working.)

Can someone shed some light on this please, @Brad_ST, @posborne, @Bryce_Geiser, @BarryA, @jody.albritton, @RBoy?

I can no longer pair new Ikea bulbs :confused:

How many Zigbee devices do you have, and how many of those are repeaters in your mesh?

1 Like

I have about 56 zigbee devices connect to my hub. I dont think that any of them are repeaters