- Samsung SmartThings Hub 2015 (Hub v2)
- Samsung SmartThings Hub 2018 (Hub v3)
Release Date: 08 February 2022
Production release expected to follow shortly after and will be separately announced
This release is a hotfix to address problems with Smart Lighting SmartApp automations executing locally on a hub involving time triggers such as the following:
- Sunrise/Sunset based Smart Lighting automations
- Time of day based Smart Lighting automations
- Smart Lighting automations involving a delay (e.g. turn off lights after no motion for 5 minutes)
In the previous release, some users would experience a range of symptoms ranging from a small delay in execution up to significant delays or non-execution of affected automations. This mixed behavior was a result of the local automations involving time only being evaluated on local device events containing state changes and not on a timer as intended. Users with larger numbers of devices or devices that frequently emit events would have been less severely impacted.
Note that only Smart Lighting automations running locally and not automations defined using “Routines” in the SmartThings app were impacted by this defect.
Thank you to all of the community members and users that helped to report this issue and provide details for the engineering team to determine root cause.