I spend now probably 2 hours trying to figure this out myself but neither SmartThings, nor this forum, nor youtube (and of course google) provide so far really easy to understand guidance… So lets try this awesome community
- have couple of smart things at home such as HUE, harmony remote, etc
- bought SmartThings whilst waiting for some Xiaomi shipment
- SmartThings hub/app (UK version) setup works (little bit buggy outside of available countries but got it working)
- wanted to add this: [RELEASE] Xiaomi Sensors and Button (beta) and problems started
- created github account successfully
- is this guide relevant for non-developers at all?
- do I need to fork SmartThingsPublic or can I somehow use the main version? Do I need this btw at all?
- do I need to setup anything locally github wise or just work via my online github account?
- If I just want to add this [RELEASE] Xiaomi Sensors and Button (beta) how can I do it in the easiest way possible whilst still using github (so not copypasting code manually)?
Thanks for your help!