How to turn motion sensor off at night?

Hello their everyone,

I need some help with a project. I’m helping a friend who got a house with different rooms to he rents to students. The students are always leaving their heating on in the room so we installed Tado thermostats and motion sensors from Smartthings.

I installed them with this rule in IFTTT:

So when someone is in their room the heating will bu turned on. But at night we want I to be 17 degrees. The problem is when someone wakes op to use the bathroom at night the heater will turn on.

I was trying webcore to turn off the motion sensors at night so it won’t trigger IFTTT.

Thanks for the help!

There are several ways to tackle this, here is mine:
I have a Nest Thermostat, I have programmed the thermostat to set various temps through out the day independent of smartthings.
I also have my nest set w/ emergency mode temps so my home will never be too hot or cold regardless of any other automations.
I use smartthings to update my nest on my homes occupancy (nest home/away), so when my home is occupied i get programmed temps and when i’m out i get emergency temps.
I think that hard setting any HVAC temp for anyone but yourself a bit heavy handed, it might be better to set a valid temp range in core and should the local users set the HVAC outside the range webcore will adjust the temp back into the range.

© 2019 SmartThings, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

SmartThings; SmartApps®; Physical Graph; Hello, Home; and Hello, Smart Home are all trademarks of the SmartThings, Inc.