[HOW TO] SmartThings Presence reporting using Tasker/SharpTools/AutoLocation

Followed instructions fully I think but Tasker is saying " no active profiles "
What have I done wrong
Thanks

It is now showing active profiles 3 out of 4 but doesn’t show present or not present automatically I have to press button in app , defeats the object really
Stumped

Hey Chris, can you do a step by step on how you did the %Rebooting part and also…what’s with the sleep profiles that you have in the first example

Can you post some screenshots of your actions?

I created a new profile for Event -> System -> Device Shutdown. Then action is as follows:

I added condition to the first two actions in my Home-WiFi profile, and a third action to set the variable to false.

For the Sleep profiles, these are used to set Do Not Disturb and volume levels (for priority calls) on my phone. The Home version is triggered by a virtual switch that is on when I go to bed and off when I get up (toggled by scanning a NFC tag on my nightstand). The Away version is triggered by phone charging after a certain time when my location is away from home.

Sleep Home profile:

Sleep Home actions:

Sleep Away:

1 Like

Cool… I thought maybe the sleep profiles were for some trick in SmartThings that I hadn’t seen.

So… I had high hopes for this to work alas, I have Samsung S7 Edge and while I was at work several miles from home, my virtual presence sensor said I’m home… sigh…

If you go into AutoLocation -> manage geofences, does it show you inside or outside of each of them?

Not sure. Happened while I was at work noticed it 20 mins after it happened and I uninstalled. Here’s what I don’t get… There’s a safety that you put in place “WiFi connected” that should have stopped the garage door from opening… Right? Or is that if either location or WiFi connection trigger?

Reinstalled autolocation just to watch the location dot circle to see what it is doing

I have reinstalled and reset the entire flow again to see what happens…I believe that when I was setting it up for the first time, I saw the blue location bubble take over the screen which would trip both geofences

1 Like

I have my garage door open when I enter my inner perimeter, with a restriction that I have to be connected to my car’s Bluetooth as well.

@destructure00
Thanks again for putting this up here. I finally got going with it today. :slight_smile:

I have a question about the accuracy of the ‘INNER’ geofence, AND whether or not the profile can be set to OR, instead of AND for the two conditions, inner-geofence and home-wifi.

In my case, my neighbors’ houses are really close. I don’t want anything in my SmartThings system to get the idea that I am HOME if I’m actually in my neighbor’s house or back yard or whatever.

So, I’ve set the boundary for my INNER geofence to only the space immediately around my house (~15 meters).

Will this ever work like that, or is that way too small of an area to ever get accurate presence readings for this kind of thing to work properly?

Then, if there’s no way of making it any more accurate (which I assume just has to do with my phone’s GPS and network location abilities), can we change the profile to look for EITHER of these, instead of BOTH of them?

OLD QUESTION / STILL CURIOUS…
I’m now trying to implement this helper mechanism with the added profile and conditions to account for the rebooting issue.

When I go into my 'Home_WiFi. profile, the Task only has a single Action…as per your earlier instructions. I assume that’s no big deal for now, and I can just add the ‘Notify’ action later if I want to.

What’s confusing to me is the fact that, while yours says the following…
Configuration Starting…

Mine says
Configuration Stopping…

So, do I have something messed up, or does it just read differently, depending on where I’m currently located or something?

I have my garage door open when I enter my inner perimeter, with a restriction that I have to be connected to my car’s Bluetooth as well.

That would be great except I have a tablet install in the car. What I need is to figure out how to disable I’m Home when I am away from home. I need to figure out how to just cut off the phone from the geofences when I leave but not turn off navigation…could there a fence no fence that I could set up to say, this is an area that you can’t go past or navigation gps shuts down? I mean…I need to built a wall lol

So it did it again when I got to work. So I checked autolocation and I checked the app and I was outside both perimeters and I was not present…notifications though says that I was present and that it opened the door since I was…Thoughts?

I have gone into battery optimization and turned off: Autolocation, just about everything to do with location, Sharp Tools, SmartThings App, Tasker…

So it went off again this morning around 5:42am same time as yesterday…weird…Both fences showed inside. Now the only one showing inside is Home…and of course my sim sensor says that I am present…thoughts?

So everything has been working perfectly with the presence sensor except for today. I was sitting at work which is about 10 miles away and I saw it run my Presence sensor (in the geofence) routine.

I think its something in Tasker, Autolocation or my location just updated wrong. I have (2) geofence rules in Tasker, One that launches the SmartThings app when I am in location and another one that runs the SharpTools Rule. (They both ran) so I’m clueless.

It’s a pain in the ass because I have my in-laws watching my kids at home and the doors are unlocking and the lights are turning on.

I’m having the same issue

Here’s my logs from AutoLocation so for some reason the sim sensor when off at 8:50 i’m trying to figure out why and what I need to do so it stops trigger false reports.

This screenshot shows at 8:10AM it was Stopping Location Monitor. Then at (8:50AM) when the sim sensor went off.

Very strange, I’m seeing lots of bouncing around in my logs as well. Btw, I didn’t know there were logs until I read the post above :wink: Haven’t had my location coming and going though. I mentioned somewhere above that I’ve made a few tweaks, I’ll post them when I get to a computer and can better organize screenshots. Maybe they will help reduce false events for you guys too.

I got home at 17:12 yesterday and didn’t leave again, but here’s all of the geofence “activity” that happened when I didn’t leave.

Weird what phones are we using… Mine Samsung S7 Edge

I’m using the LG V20… my logs are constantly bouncing around but nothing ever triggers until the morning at the 8:50AM hiccup.